Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
How do you get the knob off? How about like someone mentioned a black military flag to support our troops. Or maybe we can all get together to custom design a sticker or a knob , If I could get a knob by itself, I could redesign it in auto cad.
Just tossing ideas out there.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Pop the center cap off with a knife or slim screwdriver. It's held in place with double sided tape. Unscrew the center screw. Knob slides right off. It's on a hex shaft. I don't know the size. There's a video on youtube if you can find it, but it's just watching some other guy do exactly what I described.

I talked to a guy that does 3-d printing in nylon, about making a wheel/tire style knob. I started on the idea originally of putting on a wheel kit from a miniature radio controlled monster truck. But it's hard to find out exact outer diameters of the tires themselves. This guy makes the tires, and can make a knob, too. Single color, so it would have to be black. I was hoping to get the wheel/tire to roughly look like the stock set.

Q

·
0 Posts
Can you buy a spare knob? then it would be easier to 3D print out new model to machine it out of an aluminum billet. and then make a snap in cap with a ram head on it.

Q

·
0 Posts
Ok, I have a question what do you guys all think of the shift knob vs. a Shift level on the steering column or in the middle of the counsel?
Anyone have any issues yet?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ok, I have a question what do you guys all think of the shift knob vs. a Shift level on the steering column or in the middle of the counsel?
Moving from an Avalanche to the Rebel i much prefer the dial type gear selector, much more "classy" and a by far better looking way to change gear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
When I first got my rebel I hated the shift dial, but now that I have gotten used to it I like it a lot. I definitely like it more now then something on the steering column.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am still waiting for my rebel so I haven't had much experience with the knob other than a test drive but so far I really like it. I guess I will have a better idea in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
When I first got my rebel I hated the shift dial, but now that I have gotten used to it I like it a lot. I definitely like it more now then something on the steering column.
I still reach up trying to shift from the column...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I still reach up trying to shift from the column...
Lol. I do the same thing if I switch from my truck (column shifter) to my mom's car (console shifter). I probably look like a horse counting... add a third way to select gears and I will probably look crazy waving my arm all over. Lol

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I haven't had a column shift for a decade or two. I like the dial, but as I have said elsewhere, the ergonomics are bad. Having a very large dial so close to somewhat smaller radio volume and cabin fan controls is really annoying. I am constantly grabbing the selector rather than the volume control.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts