Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like from what I read in another thread that someone put the Daystar 3" body lift on. It is on a white Rebel in the thread about who is running 35's?
My question is when ever I look at a body lift it says it doesn't fit the Rebel. But it looks from reading anyway that the white Rebel has the 3" daystar body lift. It looks like the tow hooks are gone in the picture, that makes sense as it is a body lift.
So do you think if I order the daystar 3" body lift for a 1500 Ram it will work without any problems? I know I'll loose the tow hooks but besides that would there be any other issues or problems that I should be aware of before doing it?
Thanks, Bill

http://www.ramrebel.org/attachments/image-jpeg.687/

·
Registered
567 Posts
The actual vehicle performance of body lifts versus suspension lifts can be quite different. Simply slapping on a 3-inch body lift does allow you to install taller and wider tires, but the stock shocks and springs are generally incapable of handling the increased weight of big meats. On the other hand, a properly designed suspension kit takes the larger tires into account and usually comes with stiffer springs and shocks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply, yeah I'll probably just forget about the body lift. My truck makes me pretty happy with the way it is now.
Next will be some custom rock sliders I think.
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts