Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I currently have a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L with over 100K miles on it. It is well maintained and runs great. But, the Rebel is a huge draw to me. I have changed the shocks to the Bilsteins and I've done a bunch of small mods to it over time. It really comes down to finishing paying off my current truck vs. paying $56K for a new truck. I do about 90% of my driving on roads/highways and the other 10% on dirt roads or off-road. I also tow a travel trailer during the summer.

At least the wife is enthusiastic about the Rebel, too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Welcome wobly!! Looking at your driving habits and your current truck...the Rebel is the perfect truck for you ;)

Enjoy the forums and thanks for stopping in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Gramps is loving the Raptor but the Ram looks like a more reasonable daily driver.Not too radical. No overkill.
Hey all!
I currently have a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L with over 100K miles on it. It is well maintained and runs great. But, the Rebel is a huge draw to me. I have changed the shocks to the Bilsteins and I've done a bunch of small mods to it over time. It really comes down to finishing paying off my current truck vs. paying $56K for a new truck. I do about 90% of my driving on roads/highways and the other 10% on dirt roads or off-road. I also tow a travel trailer during the summer.

At least the wife is enthusiastic about the Rebel, too!
With your 90/10 driving habits & pulling a trailer the RAM AIR
Suspension should be fantastic. Hope you get one one day.
Regards
Gramps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's kind of what I was thinking. The air suspension would probably be a good fit for what I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
That's kind of what I was thinking. The air suspension would probably be a good fit for what I do.
If you were practical you would keep your 1500 and maybe install air bags on your suspension. But when you see the new RAM ,it's a WOW & all practicability goes out the window. We are all the same. Work hard & play hard. We are only here for a visit.
Regards
Gramps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
P
If you were practical you would keep your 1500 and maybe install air bags on your suspension. But when you see the new RAM ,it's a WOW & all practicability goes out the window. We are all the same. Work hard & play hard. We are only here for a visit.
Regards
Gramps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I had a 2013 ram sport! Loved everything about it! Probably the best truck I ever had! ( I've owned a 97, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2013 ram trucks.) when I saw the rebel in the dodge parking lot I had to have it! Bought it that day! This truck is amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I refinanced my 2012 Ram a month ago to remove my dad's name from the loan, Swore to my mom I was keeping it till the wheels fell off. I never even made a payment yet on the refinance. Then I saw a Rebel on the road when I was on vacation... I came home from vacation last Saturday, on Monday I pulled back into the driveway with my Rebel. Do not regret it one bit. It's an amazing truck and makes me smile every time I get into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Hey all!
I currently have a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L with over 100K miles on it. It is well maintained and runs great. But, the Rebel is a huge draw to me. I have changed the shocks to the Bilsteins and I've done a bunch of small mods to it over time. It really comes down to finishing paying off my current truck vs. paying $56K for a new truck. I do about 90% of my driving on roads/highways and the other 10% on dirt roads or off-road. I also tow a travel trailer during the summer.

At least the wife is enthusiastic about the Rebel, too!
CHIEF! Get on it and get that REBEL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As you read through the posts you will find nobody here regrets this purchase. This truck is proven to increase testosterone production. And testosterone makes man smile!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top