Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has not installed a DeeZee tailgate assist, please do so!!! That item is a must have and very easy to install. I am not certain why it does not come standard by Chrysler! There are a ton a videos on youtube and pictures online. I can take some of my truck if any one would like to see it.

Love the product.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Driving trucks nearly 50 years and never needed one. Not sure why it's a "must" now. Never had a tailgate damaged or falling off before. Well, except for that time a guy in a bigger truck rear-ended me....

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had it on my FX-4 and ordered one for my Rebel. It's not because of me. Like johnj said. Never had a tailgate fall off or drop since I know how to open a tailgate properly. It's for everyone else that touches my truck. They don't seem to understand that gravity is a thing and like to test the load straps on the tailgate to make sure they keep it from flapping to the bumper.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I can understand that perspective. I have the relative luxury of owning my truck and no one else uses it or drives it, except the wife. And she's been around farms and knows trucks reasonably well. And both of us are careful when the grandkids are underfoot. And since the tailgate locks when the truck is locked, I'm pretty sure that no stranger is likely to just walk up and open it for giggles. So I guess I'm just not in the same situation.

Still, anytime I see anyone telling everyone that something is a "must"-buy, the first thought that comes to mind is shill.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnj - certainly you don't need it and you should not buy it. I have owned a few trucks in the past and never had issues with the tailgate myself. However, There are obvious safety reasons why this product is a must have IMO.

Q

·
0 Posts
Anyone who has not installed a DeeZee tailgate assist, please do so!!! That item is a must have and very easy to install. I am not certain why it does not come standard by Chrysler! There are a ton a videos on youtube and pictures online. I can take some of my truck if any one would like to see it.

Love the product.
@lasani1121,a good portion of us own this assist, its a good idea to install it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
20160126_071151.jpg

Reactions: Chris

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Johnj - certainly you don't need it and you should not buy it. I have owned a few trucks in the past and never had issues with the tailgate myself. However, There are obvious safety reasons why this product is a must have IMO.
Pfftttt - there are also obvious safety reasons why people shouldn't own trucks.

Q

·
0 Posts
bed rug, mine came with spray in. would of much rather had the bed rug. so easy on the knees and looks great.
I have the ram box, so I bought the bed rug , it was worth it, easy to clean out too.

Q

·
0 Posts
butterfingers?
Tell me about it. It was a brand new iPhone 6s. Now I'm without a phone for a few days while I await my new phone. I think I will get the Otterbox case that is waterproof this time.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts