Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 2019 Rebel and I absolutely love this truck...buuuuut... it seems to be a piece of junk.
At 20k the main computer went out. They "fixed" it but it left me stranded the next day due to a bad
connector in the harness. My passenger side mirror grinds and pops when using the folding mirror feature and doesn't lock into place. Driver's seat bolster is ripping. It's back in the shop as we speak...check engine light and auto start/stop issue. As of yesterday they are still diagnosing problem. This truck is 99 percent highway use so it's a "pavement queen" for sure. Anyone else having these types of issues??

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Mine has been great. That's a lot of stuff going wrong, but at 20,000+ miles, your state's Lemon Law probably won't apply, unless you can document an ongoing pattern of bringing the truck back to the dealer for these issues. Doesn't sound that way though.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
210 Posts
Mines been flawless. In your place, I would nitpick everything you can and figure out what your states lemon laws are.
I would push towards trading it under the lemon law if possible, or invest in extended warrantee.
if they don’t want to cover it, they obviously don’t have faith in the product either, so I’d fight it.
the $1-2k you spend on the extended warrantee and drive the hell out of it during that period, and make them fix it.
figure out your lemon law and let us know what you come up with. It happens from time to time a truck comes off the line with issues, so I wouldn’t hesitate buying another rebel, but lemons are just that, lemons.

Reactions: Burnzie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mines been flawless. In your place, I would nitpick everything you can and figure out what your states lemon laws are.
I would push towards trading it under the lemon law if possible, or invest in extended warrantee.
if they don’t want to cover it, they obviously don’t have faith in the product either, so I’d fight it.
the $1-2k you spend on the extended warrantee and drive the hell out of it during that period, and make them fix it.
figure out your lemon law and let us know what you come up with. It happens from time to time a truck comes off the line with issues, so I wouldn’t hesitate buying another rebel, but lemons are just that, lemons.
Thanks for the suggestions... I've looked into the lemon laws and it seems that they wouldn't apply to my situation but I'll continue to dig. I just heard back from service department that they had to replace an injector this time. Sad.

·
Registered
91 Posts
A week after I brought my 2019 home I got the blue screen of death! Once I received the over the air update from Uconnect everything has worked. I live in the desert so cold is not an issue with the air suspension. However, mine started having issues. 1st time in the shop they said everything checked out (kept vehicle overnight). Same issues so back it went. This time they found a fault or issue in the overhead center console. Replaced the part and it was worked since (kept vehicle for a week). Now my power side mirrors are opening and closing at different rates and the right one is loose. Back to the shop I go. Fortunately for me I have the max care warranty. But I was also advised by a good friend who works for FCA be wary as FCA dealers are trying to cancel those warranties as fast as they can. How or why? I only know some people have had multiple vehicles from FCA and when they trade one in the dealer inadvertently canceled th lifetime warranty even though that vehicle wasn't traded in. I'm not 100% sure but I read there is class action lawsuit in the works? Again, I'm not current with the info so?

Overall, I love my truck. Do I wish I had zero problems. Definitely yes. But when up and running with no issues I wouldn't want another truck! Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would live at the dealership and make them fix every little hiccup while you have that warranty. Throw as many fits as you have too but hopefully it’s just growing pains and the sort everything out!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have a 2019 Rebel and I absolutely love this truck...buuuuut... it seems to be a piece of junk.
At 20k the main computer went out. They "fixed" it but it left me stranded the next day due to a bad
connector in the harness. My passenger side mirror grinds and pops when using the folding mirror feature and doesn't lock into place. Driver's seat bolster is ripping. It's back in the shop as we speak...check engine light and auto start/stop issue. As of yesterday they are still diagnosing problem. This truck is 99 percent highway use so it's a "pavement queen" for sure. Anyone else having these types of issues??
I have 2019 new bought March 2019 new 39k out the door 44k darm Cali taxes. I did not get crew short bed and all those power options. However I did drop first made BDS 6 inch lift for shocks. Installed ABS air system a.d addictive bumper light and winch set up. I have 18k now highway very light off raod no issues. U did note the gas gage warning light is off via 26 gallon the seems to act as 23.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts