Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 rebel and although the traction control can be shut off with the button on the dash the stabilitrac stays on. It annoys the heck out of me. Any sliding at all, even with the traction control off results in brakes being apply ed and power being cut. Other than using 4 low or yanking the fuse is there anyway to shut off the stabilitrac? My brother has a Chevy that disables stabilitrac by holding the traction control button for a few seconds but it doesn't work on my truck.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
One older trick is to pull the ABS fuse, which also powers the traction control and stabilizer. Don't know if that works in the newer models.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It's a soft off in 4wd low only. There is no true off in other modes. Another one of those over indulgent safety features.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's a soft off in 4wd low only. There is no true off in other modes. Another one of those over indulgent safety features.
Just had an issue with this; four miles out on frozen Red Lake, Mn; couldn't get the grand castle fish house out of the snow bank.
While it was in 4Hi I turned it off and pulled it out
For you southern folks:
Dual axle camper like fish house (with an eight foot slide out)....heavy mo fo
Thank god for air shocks; its nice not to have that V at the rear bumper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just had an issue with this; four miles out on frozen Red Lake, Mn; couldn't get the grand castle fish house out of the snow bank.
While it was in 4Hi I turned it off and pulled it out
For you southern folks:
Dual axle camper like fish house (with an eight foot slide out)....heavy mo fo
Thank god for air shocks; its nice not to have that V at the rear bumper.
Us "southern folks" would like to know what a snow bank is?? Lol.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Why, it's a building in town where you keep your snow and it draws interest. For example, when a southern fella comes to visit, you take him there because he'll find it interesting. We northern boys call it a "snow job." :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Why, it's a building in town where you keep your snow and it draws interest. For example, when a southern fella comes to visit, you take him there because he'll find it interesting. We northern boys call it a "snow job." :)
I got to work and was waiting for a file to download when I read this...I laughed so hard the only other person in the building came running. He was concerned because he was so far away he couldn't make out the noise but thought maybe I was hurt because I'm like a mouse in the mornings I'm so quiet. Always good to start the day with a laugh.

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Us "southern folks" would like to know what a snow bank is?? Lol.
Well I'm not sure if he's speaking of the bank of the water or if he is talking the skid's snow bank itself. (never lived anywhere but TX but for some reason I know this). When ice fishing the snow will build up around the skids and freeze. Generally it is recommended to place 4x4s under the skid as to be able to prevent damage to the skid as the snow will melt in the cracks and then then deep between the wood and this freeze the skid to the ice. Sometimes it is needed to add more blocks of wood to raise the skid up higher but sometimes if ya can't make it out there the skid is still going to freeze down. Not all bad as it helps anchor the skid but if ya need to move the skid it isn't as simple as shoveling it out. I am guessing this may be wheat @bigcroop may be speaking of. In those instances your going to need some power to help break the skid away from the snow bank.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Most guys that have larger fishing huts place them for more than a day, and usually near their "spots" which are out on the lake a ways, not often near the water bank. Storms then blow snow around them. I don't usually think of calling a snowdrift a "snow bank" until it's around 2-4 feet deep, but that's just me. Especially if it's melted a little, gotten wet, and then refrozen into more solid ice. Can't speak for Luvthereb, I could be misunderstanding. And yes, all the under-skid freezing you described applies, texas_rebel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i got it, hear we call it a mud hole till its around 4-6 foot deep then its a river. also we call our fishin huts boats.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
All this talk of ice fishing is making my underwear tight. Excuse me while I rearrange my tackle box....again
I'm too southern for anything involving ice other than tea

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 15 rebel and although the traction control can be shut off with the button on the dash the stabilitrac stays on. It annoys the heck out of me. Any sliding at all, even with the traction control off results in brakes being apply ed and power being cut. Other than using 4 low or yanking the fuse is there anyway to shut off the stabilitrac? My brother has a Chevy that disables stabilitrac by holding the traction control button for a few seconds but it doesn't work on my truck.
hey, I just successfully put the fuse for the anti-lock brakes pump on a switch in the cab. took about half an hour and slight electrical know how. now if you hit the button in the cab it cuts the fuse off for the abs pump.. and voila traction control disabled..

·
Registered
258 Posts
I found a wireless relay controller that I can link to one of the garage door opener buttons. Total sleeper install in the cab, relay under the hood does the switching remotely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found a wireless relay controller that I can link to one of the garage door opener buttons. Total sleeper install in the cab, relay under the hood does the switching remotely.
thought about that route as well.. just didn't want another "FOB" kicking around in the truck is all.. there's a little panel right beside your right knee in the center console that pops out and you can see the 12V cigarette lighter wires inside.. super easy to get to and a great place to put buttons as you can get that panel from the dealer and replace it if need be..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am getting all my pictures and info together and I will make a thread that will once and for all show everyone how to do it..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts