Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking her up tomorrow...just figured out she is missing LSD OR ASD. Otherwise she's perfect. Plan to tow boat, light off roading and beach cruising. Got a good deal, $8500 off retail. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've had both. Unless you're really into it, I think you will be ok.
The 4wheel drive will get you out of most every day problems, or at least it has for me with Chevys. Limited slip or not to me it doesn't matter. I'm sure you'll get 50 different answers on the forum.
Big Red

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picking her up tomorrow...just figured out she is missing LSD OR ASD. Otherwise she's perfect. Plan to tow boat, light off roading and beach cruising. Got a good deal, $8500 off retail. Thoughts?
Congrats!
I realize mine didn't have it either, after I already bought it.
I agree, 4x4 should handle any problems.

·
Registered
933 Posts
We get lots of snow here, so a LSD is a must. You will be fine with the 4x4.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure how The Rebel doesn't make this a base option tbh. I've had it on the ram 2014 eco and showed up a few other gm's and fords that did not have it when pulling big heavy objects out of slimy spots and loved it. I know mine has it and I love that it does. I will use mine as a work truck once in awhile so thats a big plus for me.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There was an article posted somewhere about the engineers' reasoning behind using the BW 44-44 and the 44-45 transfer cases. The 44-44 doesn't actually lock, it has a clutch for the front wheels which kick on and off with wheel speed changes, and a torque split. The 44-45 which is standard in the Rebel is an actual locker. When you kick on 4wd, you're guaranteed to have power to at least 2 wheels, one front and one rear. It's not as solid as locks in the front and rear differentials, too, but it a bit easier on tires and drivetrain, I imagine.

I rolled my Rebel in 2wd through a lot of snow, some heavy, last winter and only used 4wd a few times. I never had traction issues. I don't have the LSD, either. I've been offroad with it a bit, too. Some mud, sand, and hills. Again, no issues. I'm not doing Jeep trails, just cow pastures and the like. But around here, those aren't all flat and grassy. :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Your main factor or problem is going to be your right foot. That it easy and steady and you should be ok. Dump it and the hemi will be your worst enemy. Slow and steady and. add the power steady and you will do fine. You should be able to go about anywhere. I driven 2wheel where 4wheel couldn't go. Learn to pump the pedal. Just get some experience out in a parking lot by yourself and you will go about anywhere. I've got faith in you, I know you can do it.
Big Red

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.