Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

So I have slid up under the Rebel and came up with an idea. Since the exhaust is actually all clamped together (into and out of the muffler), I imagine you could simply unbolt the clamps, pull the stock muffler, and then slip a new muffler in there. My question is......has anyone actually done this yet? I would like to know if there is a possibility of just getting the muffler of choice, grabbing a couple of exhaust pipes for the parts store (with a couple of additional clamps), and doing it all right at home in the driveway.

Thanks, folks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
You could but for about three hundred or less just buy one of the already fabbed ones on market like the Flowmaster outlaw cause it has all brackets and clamps which you would have to make and install is twenty mins. Or less

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is absolutely what I will likely end up doing. I was just mostly curious because I like to be the odd ball and do stuff differently. LOL

Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good morning!

So I have slid up under the Rebel and came up with an idea. Since the exhaust is actually all clamped together (into and out of the muffler), I imagine you could simply unbolt the clamps, pull the stock muffler, and then slip a new muffler in there. My question is......has anyone actually done this yet? I would like to know if there is a possibility of just getting the muffler of choice, grabbing a couple of exhaust pipes for the parts store (with a couple of additional clamps), and doing it all right at home in the driveway.

Thanks, folks!
Go to my posts to get info on my install.. i also have a sound clip

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a link? So hard to search on Tapatalk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good morning!

Thanks, folks!

Check out Mufflex mufflers, they are Magnaflow exhaust but the company welds the pipes to fit our trucks along with hangers. You get an awesome sound and it won't break the bank. I have had them on three different trucks. Only takes about 30 minutes to do it yourself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked out mufflex and I may lean towards this option. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Checked out mufflex and I may lean towards this option. Thanks for the heads up!
Also not sure how loud you want but I have always gone with the moderate DOD18M. The same exhaust on the rebel sounds better than on my previous Rams. Nice deep growl when accelerating and no annoying drone while cruising. Also it's just the right amount of sound to scare the locals when you get on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I literally replaced my entire cat back exhaust pipes in my parking spot at my apartment complex, was easy, especially with the truck in "Off-road mode". I got a killer deal on a mopar setup. It sounds great, and looks even better since I plasti dipped the tips black. I'll post Picts later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts