Ram Rebel Forum banner

Do you like the leds on the grille ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey guys I just bought this rebel and I saw the raptor look alike so I went ahead and put some leds on the grille
When I first saw the Raptor I really liked the grill lights - will add some LEDs to my Rebel's grill soon, just not sure whether to go amber or white...
I have a 2012 RAM Cummins with cab clearance lights. I changed the white/clear factory lenses (and bulbs) to Recon smoke lenses with LEDs that are much brighter than the factory bulbs. The 2500 might also get some grill lights.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Not a fan of them. To each their own though. What is the purpose of them, other than to look like a Turd, I mean Furd.
Funny. Ya i suppose, but it's like any mod. Its to personalize your ride. To make it stand out, be different. Since i did my grill lights everyone knows it's me on the road where as b4 it was like hey were u on I30 the other day cause i saw a rebel like yours. Since the mod they all know it wasn't me......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not really my style if they're just for looks. Without attempting to insult anyone, it's a little too rice-like for my taste. But to each his own. Now, if they were actually functional to add more light for off-roading then I'm all for them. But that would mean you can only use them off-road.

·
Registered
32 Posts
LMAO at some of the negative opinions...Those lights look kewl.. Apparently some have never owned a Jeep or Harley...Both heavily customized.. I've owned both and mine always looked different than others.. But I guess he asked for honest opinions 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
No negativity. He asked for an opinion, I stated mine. It's his truck to do with as he wants. Not everyone will like every mod that we do to our trucks, but we do what pleases us. At least he is doing something to it. I've got a customized Harley and just sold a Wrangler. Nothing against customizing, been customizing since the 1980's. I just don't care much for the lights in the grill.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No negativity. He asked for an opinion, I stated mine. It's his truck to do with as he wants. Not everyone will like every mod that we do to our trucks, but we do what pleases us. At least he is doing something to it. I've got a customized Harley and just sold a Wrangler. Nothing against customizing, been customizing since the 1980's. I just don't care much for the lights in the grill.
Again..he asked for a pole and opinions. To be honest I don't like wagon wheels.Ya know 40 in wheels and 1/4 in tires..that's where I draw the line.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MFKB

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've owned a lot of vehicles in my life, but never a Jeep or Harley. Not sure why you zeroed in on those. You can customize anything you want. I'm all for customizing. Some people customize for looks, and some people customize for functionality. Then still others fall somewhere in between. I lean more towards functionality, but will admit that I've added stuff purely because I like how it looks. In the end, we can do pretty much anything we want with our trucks. We open ourselves up to criticism with poll threads like this, so it's good to have a thick skin. My comment wasn't meant to be negative, and I apologize if it came off that way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've owned a lot of vehicles in my life, but never a Jeep or Harley. Not sure why you zeroed in on those. You can customize anything you want. I'm all for customizing. Some people customize for looks, and some people customize for functionality. Then still others fall somewhere in between. I lean more towards functionality, but will admit that I've added stuff purely because I like how it looks. In the end, we can do pretty much anything we want with our trucks. We open ourselves up to criticism with poll threads like this, so it's good to have a thick skin. My comment wasn't meant to be negative, and I apologize if it came off that way.
It's kewl..I shouldn't have said anything..He asked for honest opions and you gave it..Their is some customs I don't like either..Drive on brother..np

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.