Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering doing a little "light" off-roading with the Rebel...only because I have never done it. I was thinking of going to Wharton State Forrest in NJ. I'm not going to be doing anything crazy, but some off-road trails would be fun.

If anyone else is interested in meeting up, please shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I live in NY but on the border of NJ (Bergen County). Have you been to these trails. I would be interested in going.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not been there. I have only watched a number of videos on Youtube, and it doesn't seem to be THAT extreme.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I took my rebel down some crazy two track in an off road park in MI. People looked at me like WTF is he doing with that brand new truck. It really did well even though I did get it stuck once. The clearance is not as good as you may think. I will not do that again although I will take it down some seasonal roads next summer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is a great off-road park just north of Austin called Hidden Falls adventure park. You could certainly have some fun out there with it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
There is a great off-road park just north of Austin called Hidden Falls adventure park. You could certainly have some fun out there with it.
I've never heard of it. What's it near Cedar Park or where?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh yes. Logging roads are going to be the majority of the off roading my truck will see. I go hunting in northern Ontario and we cover at least a few hundred kilometers in the week we spend there. Sometimes there are washouts on the smaller trails that can actually test a truck.

108 Posts
I might accidentally hit the grass while driving up my driveway, but that's most likely the only time my truck will ever experience anything close to off-roading!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Had mine out on some farmland / pastures and into wooded areas, entirely offroad but not extreme. Handled as well or better as any other 4wd I've owned, but the ride was smoother. Never bothered with air shock offroad setting, completely unneeded.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not an offroader per se, but I need a truck that can handle rough trails and unserviced roads. A 1500 Sport with 20" wheels cannot do that, and I don't want to daily drive a 2500 or 3500. The Rebel fills that gap perfectly for me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm not an offroader per se, but I need a truck that can handle rough trails and unserviced roads. A 1500 Sport with 20" wheels cannot do that, and I don't want to daily drive a 2500 or 3500. The Rebel fills that gap perfectly for me.
That's how I felt when I bought this one. I find some real sketchy neglected old roads when scouting for unpressured fishing areas. The truck is heavy enough to haul trailers and such, handle rugged terrain, and looks damn FINE rolling through the city. Any more than an unserviced cottage road will see an ATV!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Had mine out on some farmland / pastures and into wooded areas, entirely offroad but not extreme. Handled as well or better as any other 4wd I've owned, but the ride was smoother. Never bothered with air shock offroad setting, completely unneeded.
Sweet!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had mine in PA deer hunting in early December. All rutted up fire roads etc. The Rebel handled it perfectly! I was very surprised by how "Jeep" like confidence I had in it. My former Silverado with the 20's and street tires would have had issues and I don't think I would have felt as confident on those rutted up muddy uphill trails. Very happy with the Rebel!

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
In 2 months I have yet to find the time...sinful

·
Registered
276 Posts
No intentions to go off road, though I do have a trail to get to my mates shooting place and also I'll use it for towing my jet ski

·
Registered
426 Posts
Everyday I go up a really rutted fire trails, and now that its snowy their even worse and the Rebel handles it really well. Even had to ditch the truck to avoid someone who was driving like and idiot and it plowed right along the ditch no problems, popped back onto the road and away I went.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts