Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their daytime running lights activated that's not in Canada?

I've read some other threads on other forums that say the sales code LM5 (for projector headlights) needs to be entered. At my dealer today, there was no option for LM5. I personally looked through the sales codes, and no LM5 was available.

I know this is possible, but just don't know -how- to do it. My dealer is just shaking his head...

Surely someone had this done on a 2016 Rebel????

·
Registered
332 Posts
Since the main headlights are projectors aren't the DRLs the lights you would think are the parking lights/turn signals? My current truck has HIDs from the factory and it runs the parking lights as my DRL on a brighter setting.

I thought it was law everywhere in US/Canada to have DRL now so it should just be working as default.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it is not a law in the U.S. - it should be.

Yes, the park lights/turn signals are the DRL's with the projectors. I just can't figure out how to tell the dealer to turn them on. There has to be a way. Everything I've read says to add sales code LM5, but it's not looking like it's available. Maybe switch it to Canada, but I don't want to lose any Uconnect features (some aren't available in Canada).

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If ya find out please share. Mine don't run and no it isn't law but agree it should be

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree... I like running mine as well. This is the first truck in 10 years that didn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I read on another forum something about it. (can't find it now)
Many had it done. Must find a dealer willing to do it.
The dealer must change the truck settings to canada then you get the code to enable DRL.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer tried yesterday. No LM5 Code. Put it as Canada, but no options.

I need the steps - I'm sure it can be done, just need specific instructions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
new 011.jpg
You have to get DRL as a dealer installed option and then reconfiguring the vehicle using the wiTECH. I got both my 2016 Ram sport and my 2015 Rebel turned on. Ask the dealership service dept to call the area rep and have the code "LM5" added to your VIN. I got both mine turned on for free.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
View attachment 1082 You have to get DRL as a dealer installed option and then reconfiguring the vehicle using the wiTECH. I got both my 2016 Ram sport and my 2015 Rebel turned on. Ask the dealership service dept to call the area rep and have the code "LM5" added to your VIN. I got both mine turned on for free.
So that docoument says nothing about 1500 models...I'm doubtful my dealership will allow me to use that as "ammo" if needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just telling those that want it, It can be done. I have it added to both my trucks now. The doc is the same procedure for the 1500, I just couldn't locate one.
Here's my 16 Sport
new 004.jpg

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Nothing, I was in for oil change and asked about it,
Thanks! I'll do the same on my next visit. Looks like, according to that document, you can deactivate it from the truck menu once it's setup by the dealer? So you have the option to use or not use it? Is it in your truck menu now?

"DRL must be turned on the CUSTOMER PROGRAMABLE FEATURE menu in order to make DRL operate."

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've asked about DRL and code LM5 now with 5 different dealers and all day it can't be done in the Rebel? Anyone have advise?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you!! I didn't get a notification that there was a reply - I will call the dealer Monday and see if I can get this added.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If ya find out please share. Mine don't run and no it isn't law but agree it should be
I don’t want DRLs and pray it does not become a law. DRLs were 1st intended for motorcycles and began in the early 1970s as a way for cage drivers to notice them. It was a safety issue as to many cage drivers don’t pay attention. There was a reduction in motorcycle accidents that have been credited to DRLs, but when cages began getting DRLs this has gone away as once again motorcycles blend as there is a sea lights on the roads. Also, I just really don’t want them.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
National study says they also reduced accidents for "cage" drivers, too. http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811029.pdf

I don't personally like DRLs, but some guys like having a lot of lights. And they don't hurt anything. According to that report, 30 years after they were first instituted, DRLs still have a significant chance of reducing accidents.

Drivers get used to seeing what they personally are driving at the time. I've seen guys that regularly ride motorcycles pay insufficient attention to motorcyclists when they're driving larger vehicles. And I've seen a motorcyclist hit a bicyclist. Idiots aren't limited or defined by the vehicle they drive.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
- Albert Einstein

·
Registered
146 Posts
National study says they also reduced accidents for "cage" drivers, too. http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811029.pdf

I don't personally like DRLs, but some guys like having a lot of lights. And they don't hurt anything. According to that report, 30 years after they were first instituted, DRLs still have a significant chance of reducing accidents.

Drivers get used to seeing what they personally are driving at the time. I've seen guys that regularly ride motorcycles pay insufficient attention to motorcyclists when they're driving larger vehicles. And I've seen a motorcyclist hit a bicyclist. Idiots aren't limited or defined by the vehicle they drive.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
- Albert Einstein
I know they have statistics that show the reduction in accidents and fully agree with your points on complacency, but hope they aren't mandated. The government is already making too many choices for us.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts