Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just ordered a 2022 Rebel! One requirement from the wife was I get a tonneau cover... however, I plan on using a Dakine tailgate cover to haul mtn bikes. My question: are there any good, easily (by that I mean casually) removable tonneau covers out there? I'm not sure trifold and similar that remain in bed when not in use will work as modern mtn bikes are quite long and I got the short bed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Truxedo Lo Pro. It rolls up and you should be able to leave it in place but it does come off very easily if you want/need to remove it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip @Kona Laury, I took a look at the site, didn't see any info about weatherproofing though. Have you used it in the snow at all?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in Hawaii so have not experienced any snow :) but I can tell you that I have been through many torrential rainstorms and everything out back stayed dry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, I was just there a few weeks ago :) Which leads me to my next question: does the tonneau blister or, crack, or fade in that intense sun yall got over there? It really is something else. I've lived in CA and CO, both of which can be quite sunny in the summer, but something about that hawaiin sun you can feel on your skin like nowhere else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had one on my last truck (a 2007 Tundra) and although it was still working fine it was looking a bit shabby and so I replaced the cover itself after 10 years. The replacement is now about 4 years old and look just fine (I sold the truck to a friend).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey all,
I just ordered a 2022 Rebel! One requirement from the wife was I get a tonneau cover... however, I plan on using a Dakine tailgate cover to haul mtn bikes. My question: are there any good, easily (by that I mean casually) removable tonneau covers out there? I'm not sure trifold and similar that remain in bed when not in use will work as modern mtn bikes are quite long and I got the short bed.

Thanks!
WHERE DID YOU ORDER FROM???? I am going to trade in my Rebel Quad cab for the 2022 Rebel GT, but it's not on ramtrucks.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WHERE DID YOU ORDER FROM???? I am going to trade in my Rebel Quad cab for the 2022 Rebel GT, but it's not on ramtrucks.com
I ordered from my local dealer, Colorado Springs Dodge (apparently nobody told em Rams are separate now).

I speccd it out online with the '21 builder then went in and they suggested I just order a '22. I ended up opting not to do the GT (my neighbors wouldn't love me for that cat back exhaust). Also, I wanted Night Edition but apparently the two packages are mutually exclusive. TBH, I'm not really sure whats going to be different in this year aside from perhaps the unconnect 5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, my understanding is the GT is Crew Cab only if you were thinking of sticking with Quad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Diamondback HD. THEY. ARE. AWESOME! You’d put your mtn bikes right on top. They’re built in tie down handles. They hold 1600lbs! I absolutely love mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks!
Bottle Snow Liquid Drinkware Tree

snow on top of a trifecta 2.0
Have mine for 2 years with low maintenance and now is barely cracking because lack of maintenance, but if you use extang spray protectant get a lot of water repellent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts