Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 21 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone tried the Edge Pulsar yet? Thoughts?

Dodge/RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi Pulsar Tuner | Edge
I'm familiar with tuners for diesels, but not so much for gas engines. A tuner on a diesel (with a few mechanical mods) works wonders! The Edge seems like a good price for the enhanced performance and will take a close look. I would assume, as with my diesel, a tuner could/would void the warranty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one is unique for the Rams in that it doesn't require a PCM swap. It's an add-on to the PCM, so you can just remove it when getting dealer work done and it supposedly doesn't leave any flags for the dealer. It looks fairly simple with a handful of pre-configured tunes and they're promising a monitor in the future for custom tuning. It's nice to see an option that doesn't require removing the factory PCM. I may give it a try as well. I was close to getting a pedal commander, but this should provide similar throttle response improvement along with some actual gains.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This one is unique for the Rams in that it doesn't require a PCM swap. It's an add-on to the PCM, so you can just remove it when getting dealer work done and it supposedly doesn't leave any flags for the dealer. It looks fairly simple with a handful of pre-configured tunes and they're promising a monitor in the future for custom tuning. It's nice to see an option that doesn't require removing the factory PCM. I may give it a try as well. I was close to getting a pedal commander, but this should provide similar throttle response improvement along with some actual gains.
Thanks for the info. The add-on nature of the Edge makes it a pretty attractive upgrade.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Let you know Friday it comes in tomorrow I'll be home Thursday night I'll install it Friday and I got a 300km trip to make Friday so it'll be a nice test

·
Registered
271 Posts
20180511_124638.jpg

So I finally installed the bloody thing easy enough to install but getting the pcm out in the first place was a pain in the ass.the clips didn't wanna separate with all the dirt that's built up in them so it took us just under an hour thanks to that. but after that it was easy but there is one one zip tie you will have to cut otherwise the one plug won't reach Anyways went with my buddy who also owns a rebel for a quick test drive the on the fly power change is pretty nice went from stock to fuel saver to mild while keeping the peddle in the same position and there's quite the noticeable difference haven't tried the aggressive mode but haven't tried that yet as it recommends a higher octane so once I finish my trip today I'll get back to you guys with more on how it performs

·
Registered
114 Posts
View attachment 25121

So I finally installed the bloody thing easy enough to install but getting the pcm out in the first place was a pain in the ass.the clips didn't wanna separate with all the dirt that's built up in them so it took us just under an hour thanks to that. but after that it was easy but there is one one zip tie you will have to cut otherwise the one plug won't reach Anyways went with my buddy who also owns a rebel for a quick test drive the on the fly power change is pretty nice went from stock to fuel saver to mild while keeping the peddle in the same position and there's quite the noticeable difference haven't tried the aggressive mode but haven't tried that yet as it recommends a higher octane so once I finish my trip today I'll get back to you guys with more on how it performs
Thanks for sharing your installation details - the 'little things' you run into that aren't mentioned in the documentation that comes with the unit...

·
Registered
271 Posts
So far it's actually been pretty good but in fuel economy mode the truck seems to turn itself off when you sit for around 5 minutes happened to me twice today doesn't happen in any other mode so I dunno I think I'm gonna have to email them and find out what's goin on

·
Registered
37 Posts
So far it's actually been pretty good but in fuel economy mode the truck seems to turn itself off when you sit for around 5 minutes happened to me twice today doesn't happen in any other mode so I dunno I think I'm gonna have to email them and find out what's goin on
I have had it for a few weeks... I broke the clips when trying to get them off... I have some zip ties holding them together now... don’t want to aggravate anything internal with a more permanent hold... maybe I’ll make a bracket or something. Haven’t had an issue with the idle... I leave it in 4 I think. Mileage is a little better. Aggressive is crazy upgrade on throttle response.

I leave it idling all the time with family in the truck and it hasn’t turned off yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah it isn't turning off today if been idling at all the different levels both in park and drive with the foot on the brake so I dunno maybe it fixed itself

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn’t raise top speed either , I know a lot of guys were having problems on other forums with them, they released it way too
Early...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed it in my 18 today and wow what a difference. Mainly purchased it for fuel mileage but have to say its something else in 7 and 8. Really opens up the power

·
Registered
100 Posts
So i installed mine 2 different units. Both times i couldnt even put my foot on gas and it would stll. It sucks! I was totally looking forward to the 8 levels. Oh well i guess im just going to get a regular tuner and a new pcm. We will see how that goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
By chance have any of you gone in for the recall on the cruise control. I have had my pulsar installed for about 6k and love it no idle issues or stalling but family member took his in for the recall and now it sometimes doesn’t go into gear. Have to shut it off and then restart truck before it will shift. Don’t know if I should take the truck in yet if it hasn’t ever done what they say could happen and I use cc all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Pulsar. Very happy installed it in truck along with Flowmaster Exhaust with only 200mles on truck

Best part it gets rid of the stupid cylinder management. V8 always .

Sounds great performance better throttle response awesome

No need to crack open the ECU no worries if warranty issue or recall come up can easily remove it

No issues whatsoever

Very happy well worth the price

1 - 21 of 27 Posts