·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
i installed my Enlight HID low beam kit today - Wow, what a difference!!! It's a 35W 6000K kit for my 9005 low beam bulbs. Installation is a little more involved than some of the cheaper sets, as this kit only uses the original headlight power to energize a relay, routing power to the new ballasts/igniters/bulbs. But these low beams are so bright they render the high beams just about useless. And for installation, they have some YouTube videos that walk you through the entire thing. I have attached a couple pics of the truck with the low beams and fog lights on, and a couple pics downroad with only the low beams on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
View attachment 1847 View attachment 1848 View attachment 1849 View attachment 1850 i installed my Enlight HID low beam kit today - Wow, what a difference!!! It's a 35W 6000K kit for my 9005 low beam bulbs. Installation is a little more involved than some of the cheaper sets, as this kit only uses the original headlight power to energize a relay, routing power to the new ballasts/igniters/bulbs. But these low beams are so bright they render the high beams just about useless. And for installation, they have some YouTube videos that walk you through the entire thing. I have attached a couple pics of the truck with the low beams and fog lights on, and a couple pics downroad with only the low beams on.
Looks good man.. This is likely to be my very next mod.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Billyou812

·
Registered
39 Posts
I liked mine while they lasted. After about 3 weeks the error code came on telling me I had a bulb out. Funny thing was that I had no lights at all. Only high beams worked. Enlight sent me new resistors and all, but nothing worked. After disassembling the front end 5 times I decides do deinstall. I returned them and got a full refund. Don't get me wrong, I loved them while they worked, and Enlight was very responsive and made things right. Maybe I just had a lemon. Hopefully yours work better than mine did. I'm glad I bought the predrilled covers though so I didn't mess up the factory ones. I still have them if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I liked mine while they lasted. After about 3 weeks the error code came on telling me I had a bulb out. Funny thing was that I had no lights at all. Only high beams worked. Enlight sent me new resistors and all, but nothing worked. After disassembling the front end 5 times I decides do deinstall. I returned them and got a full refund. Don't get me wrong, I loved them while they worked, and Enlight was very responsive and made things right. Maybe I just had a lemon. Hopefully yours work better than mine did. I'm glad I bought the predrilled covers though so I didn't mess up the factory ones. I still have them if anybody is interested.
I hope your experience was not the norm, your fantastic review of these things was one of the factors in my decision! Did you check out everything carefully when you were taking them out? The resistors are wired directly into the old headlight circuit, but the HIDs operate from the relay harness, which is powered directly from the battery but triggered by the drivers headlight power. The lights not operating along with the burned out bulb indicator on the dash leads me to believe the problem would be tied to the drivers side harness that splits off to the relay harness and that side resistor, that's the only part of the circuit that both of your symptoms would have in common. Did the harness look damaged at all when you pulled it out?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i'm inclined to just keep the stock lights after reading this....yikes. I've had enough experimenting..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
image.png
I have attached a basic schematic of the HID light system
I have attached a rough schematic of the HID system. If there is a problem in one of the areas marked in red ovals, you will get an alert on your dash saying you have a light fault. If there is a problem in the green oval, neither of your low beams will operate. Since you have both of these symptoms, there is a very small section of overlap between the red and green ovals where your problem is. It must be on the harness that splits the drivers side headlight power to the resistor and relay harness, or the connection points of this harness.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He doesn't have the lights (or the problem) anymore.
Guess I didn't see that part of his story. So apparently I need to file this as another case of trying to help someone who doesn't want or need it. Wasn't the first time, and won't be the last!

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry guys. I haven't been on for a while. After trying several different things from Enlight neither of us could find out what the issue was. I guess after having to disassemble the entire front of my truck 6 different times, I just burnt out. No pun intended. I think I honestly just got a lemon, to NO fault of Enlight. They did offer after trying several different things to ship me an entire new kit which I appreciated, however as stated before I just grew tired of having to tear into my truck every night after work to try something different. Being this truck is my daily driver, I just didn't have that much time. All in all though, I still think that Enlight is a top notch company. I would not hesitate using them again if I wanted to tackle the HID thing once more. I definitely would reccomend them, and a special shout out to Max for his exceptional customer service. Their products are definitely beefy, and I hope others have better luck than I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts