Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing the Enlight 35W HID's in 6000k. I also bought the predrilled dust covers from bright source to go with it. The install was a challenge. Definitely not as easy or cheap as other standard HID systems, but Enlight has that covered with their exceptional install videos on Youtube to make it simple. Install time for me was about 2 hours, and I have little if any electronic knowledge. Cost of the kit was a bit high, but worth every single penny. I was swapping out the pieces of CRAP OPT7s.What a waste of money they were for a LED light. Guess I should have known better. Anyway, the Enlights. Work flawlessly and finally complete this truck. I have no idea why Chrysler didn't make them this way OEM.The light output is superb. No electronics issues or codes what so ever. Only did the low beams, and honestly they work so well, there will probably be very little need to ever use my high beams, but I figure, what the hell and will be ordering a set of Enlights 55w HID's for those. Afterall, its only money, right? For those of you on the fence about HIDs and codes and all for these trucks, get off of it and call Enlight, and save your money by not going with those crappy OPT LED lights. These HID's are really awesome.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Just finished installing the Enlight 35W HID's in 6000k. I also bought the predrilled dust covers from bright source to go with it. The install was a challenge. Definitely not as easy or cheap as other standard HID systems, but Enlight has that covered with their exceptional install videos on Youtube to make it simple. Install time for me was about 2 hours, and I have little if any electronic knowledge. Cost of the kit was a bit high, but worth every single penny. I was swapping out the pieces of CRAP OPT7s.What a waste of money they were for a LED light. Guess I should have known better. Anyway, the Enlights. Work flawlessly and finally complete this truck. I have no idea why Chrysler didn't make them this way OEM.The light output is superb. No electronics issues or codes what so ever. Only did the low beams, and honestly they work so well, there will probably be very little need to ever use my high beams, but I figure, what the hell and will be ordering a set of Enlights 55w HID's for those. Afterall, its only money, right? For those of you on the fence about HIDs and codes and all for these trucks, get off of it and call Enlight, and save your money by not going with those crappy OPT LED lights. These HID's are really awesome.
no pictures, no cost, no problems you ran into?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not very good at taking pics at night, but will say that compared to the OEM halogen or OPT LED lights, it is like a 500 times difference. You can actually see at night. If I remember correctly, the dust covers from Britesource were about $70 shipped, and I didn't realize they came from Canada. The Enlight kit I got was around $260. Worth every penny though. I will try to get pictures at some point. One other thing I really like about this kit is that you can still leave your lights on auto and they still work. Some of the other manufacturers you can only do them manually. Overall, a very well put together kit. Very heavy duty from the gouge of wire, to the rest of the components.

·
Registered
44 Posts
image.jpeg
I have a lumens 6000K HID kit in my rebel. I drilled my own covers and it only took me 45 min to install and they work great, also lumens has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an awesome warranty. Enlight came with 2 years no questions asked. I just don't get why HID wasn't factory OEM?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Ram rebel. I'm glad I found this post, I was contemplating HID. Now I think I might just pull the trigger. You would think for a 50k truck as listed would come standard with HID and not to mention a light in the engine bay. And a few other things. What do the dust covers like?

2016 Rebel 5.7L 3.92 ratio red over black stock

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Ram rebel. I'm glad I found this post, I was contemplating HID. Now I think I might just pull the trigger. You would think for a 50k truck as listed would come standard with HID and not to mention a light in the engine bay. And a few other things. What do the dust covers like?

2016 Rebel 5.7L 3.92 ratio red over black stock

Just drill holes to fit the supplied rubber grommets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those not toes. The dust covers on the install video. Is what you all are talking about? Screw a hole in the back plastic plate behind the bulb, feed the wires through with the rubber stopper fitting in the drilled hole.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yup those are the dust covers. I put some silicone around the grommet just to be sure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wanted to see how much of a challenge this would be, and I can't believe the effort required just to change a light bulb on this thing! That being said, I did take your advice and order a set of these today. Now that I've taken all this stuff apart and put it back together once, I don't think it will be too bad to install, and I'm really looking forward to these lights!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts