Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
The height has 4 settings. Entry, Aero, Normal and Off-Road.

Entry drops the truck down to its lowest setting which looks like it's almost sitting on the tires.

Aero is for highway and will go into this mode anytime you exceed 62 mph. It will raise back to "Normal" when you go below 62 mph but you can set it to run in "Aero mode" full time if desired. From what I was told by the Dealer, this is a safety feature to prevent roll overs at highway speeds and you cannot shut it off.

Normal mode gives you your maximum daily driver height as long as you are under 62 mph.

Off-Road height gives you and additional inch but lowers to " Normal mode" once you exceed 25 mph and will not raise automatically if you decrease your speed. You must hit the raise button to enter "Off-Road mode" again once it has lowered and you are under 25 mph.

Keep in mind that the truck is new and as with anything new everything is subject to change. As time goes on there will be somebody who figures a way around it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The air ride system on the RAM is not exactly new. It's been out on the 1500s since 2013.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered mine loaded with all but sun roof because couldn't get it with the Ramboxes. Does anyone know about incentives or discounts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered mine loaded with all but sun roof because couldn't get it with the Ramboxes. Does anyone know about incentives or discounts?
You can get the sunroof with the Ram boxes, this is not true, if the dealer said that they forced one on you.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I ordered without the sunroof but when it arrived at the dealer it had the sunroof. I did no have to pay for the add-on because the dealer themselves said that they didn't pay for it either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I ordered my Rebel the dealer told me I couldn't get the Ram Box. That was one of the main things that attracted me to the Rebel in the first place
I was very disappointed but order the truck anyway. So was the dealer misleading me or what?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You could have gotten the Ramboxes. I ordered them on mine, If you get a sunroof you can get them. Its one or the other. Has to do with the weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wish my dealer would have told me about the choice of a Ram box or sunroof, but not both. I almost walked away when they told me I couldnt get the Ram box. Do you think it will be possible to change it out later?? I can't see how it could be a weight issue vs. the sunroof.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wish my dealer would have told me about the choice of a Ram box or sunroof, but not both. I almost walked away when they told me I couldnt get the Ram box. Do you think it will be possible to change it out later?? I can't see how it could be a weight issue vs. the sunroof.
You can change it out. I've seen extra boxes offered by Ram and mopar sights. Just not cheap. Like at all. But it is still very do able. Not sure what the weight problem was because my truck has both and I didn't hear anything about the weight. I know it moves it into a different weight class but I'm not sure what that does for insurance or if it changes the class of truck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can change it out. I've seen extra boxes offered by Ram and mopar sights. Just not cheap. Like at all. But it is still very do able. Not sure what the weight problem was because my truck has both and I didn't hear anything about the weight. I know it moves it into a different weight class but I'm not sure what that does for insurance or if it changes the class of truck.
What are we saying here, the ram box is a heavier bed and a simple plate of glass in the roof weighs enough to make a difference? If this is all true, it must have been on the border line wherever they draw the line as this does not seem logical that there is much of a difference. I had the ram box on the truck I traded for the Rebel and the amount of weight it could carry taking in consideration the bed is smaller seems like a wash to me. I may be missing the whole thing I guess.

·
Registered
426 Posts
What are we saying here, the ram box is a heavier bed and a simple plate of glass in the roof weighs enough to make a difference? If this is all true, it must have been on the border line wherever they draw the line as this does not seem logical that there is much of a difference. I had the ram box on the truck I traded for the Rebel and the amount of weight it could carry taking in consideration the bed is smaller seems like a wash to me. I may be missing the whole thing I guess.
Its a law in the states but not in Canada apparently, I'm not sure what the rule or law is actually called but I've heard from numerous people that it's a law that only applies to vehicles sold in the States.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Is their a larger hemi than the 5.7L available for the Rebel? What are all the colours, is their a blue Rebel?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts