Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about an alarm ? Sometime I go to open my door without the key fab and it starts beeping the horn like the panic button was pressed

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Does anyone know anything about an alarm ? Sometime I go to open my door without the key fab and it starts beeping the horn like the panic button was pressed
According to your owner's manual, starting around pg 22, the security alarm is set anytime that you use the key fob to lock the vehicle, or use the power lock button. If you manually lock the door (depress the lock plunger at the door window sill) when you get out, it will not arm the security alarm.

·
Registered
3 Posts

This happened to me twice. One time when I was walking infront of the vehicle and pressed unlock on my keyfob. The alarm immediately began to go off and it would not stop until I got into the truck and started driving over 5-10mph.

The second time it happened when I used the sensor unlock when I had my keys in my pocket... Same thing happened. This time I was at Home Depot and everyone looking at me like I stole the truck (since I had to drive away while alarm blaring)...

Clearly this is an issue, any way to turn off alarm other than driving away???

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
There are 2 alarm modes. According to your Owner's Manual, if the Security Alarm goes off, you should disarm it. Pg 23 tells how.

23.PNG

If the Panic Alarm goes off, you just push the fob PANIC button a second time, or drive at speeds above 5mph. (Owner's Manual, pg 29) Sounds like you've set the Panic mode. Probably pushed the PANIC button when you had the fob in your pocket.

29.PNG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts