Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the only ram made without a sport hood (I think). The dealership is cooperating and said they wrote HQ.
Anyways..I still Love it and it blows my 13 Outdoorsman away.
I didn't realize the hood is under standard options or I would of had something in writing before I left.
It happened fast.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a new hood on the way, Called the Ram CCC line (long wait). The rep ran the line #'s vs what was on the truck and then put us on a 3 way call to the dealership.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure you're already doing this, but I would audit your truck to make sure they didn't miss anything else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had 7 new rams since 96 (every (V8) make and model to include a 2500 Diesel) and the rebel by far is the nicest. The 8 speed mated to the next gen controller works flawlessly. Not to mention its the meanest looking truck on the road even without the Sport Hood.
I even like the eco shut down this time (I think they went from two cylinder shut down to four); I programed the front dash so I can see the current gas mpg's. I like what I'm seeing.

650 miles and no complaints

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just pasted the 2k mark. My seat heater kept coming on so until they figure that out, I removed the fuse. other than that minor computer glitch, i have no other issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a factory flaw also the windshield pillar is support to be black on both sides but instead I have a white one and a Black one, but I'm wondering if it wasn't suppose to be that way because of the red and black and white stitching?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Get documentation from RAM about the hood. You have a one of a kind, factory made Rebel! Might be worth $$$$ one day. Only one made with the sport hood delete option. LoL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Luvthereb. I was looking at your posted pictures. Did you remove the "Rebel" badge from the tailgate or is that something else the factory forgot?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I debadged my truck, so I obviously don't have the Rebel badge on my truck.

But I'm looking at your truck and I see the wrong hood, no Rebel badge on the tailgate and I'm starting to wander what else your missing??? I understand that Dodge is working with you on correcting the problem but I think I would be demanding a new truck at this point. It seems like too much things that identify / make up the Rebel are missing. What else are you missing that a Rebel should have?

Comparing the build sheet to your actual truck is one way to see what your missing but there are many things you won't be able to tell. Putting your truck side by side with another Rebel and comparing them visually against each other is another way, but at the end there is still going to be some small differences between the Rebel and a normal Ram 1500 that you won't or probably can't tell apart.

My 2 cents is that if you paid for a Rebel, you should have a Rebel. I would demand a new truck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I debadged my truck, so I obviously don't have the Rebel badge on my truck.

But I'm looking at your truck and I see the wrong hood, no Rebel badge on the tailgate and I'm starting to wander what else your missing??? I understand that Dodge is working with you on correcting the problem but I think I would be demanding a new truck at this point. It seems like too much things that identify / make up the Rebel are missing. What else are you missing that a Rebel should have?

Comparing the build sheet to your actual truck is one way to see what your missing but there are many things you won't be able to tell. Putting your truck side by side with another Rebel and comparing them visually against each other is another way, but at the end there is still going to be some small differences between the Rebel and a normal Ram 1500 that you won't or probably can't tell apart.

My 2 cents is that if you paid for a Rebel, you should have a Rebel. I would demand a new truck.
I took it off, it looked cartoonish and didn't match the rest of the decals (in my eyes).
tips and wheels all would of looked better blacked out.

One more thing, took it out to check deer stands today and dam it soaks up the ruts, my outdoorsman rocked back and forth and the reb you can hold your beverage......like I mentioned before this is not my first ram; this is another animal.

I have no hard feelings on the hood, the dealership missed it on delivery and there making it right.

Sales manager stated: "I will pay for it out of my own pocket if they won't send me one"
It's on its way as of Sept 8th.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took it off, it looked cartoonish and didn't match the rest of the decals (in my eyes).
Should of called it the "Viking"
that probably pisses people off but that's what I saw when I looked at it...maybe if they would of blacked it all out not to mention the chrome tail tips and wheels all would of looked better blacked out.

One more thing, took it out to check deer stands today and dam it soaks up the ruts, my outdoorsman rocked back and forth and the reb you can hold your beverage......like I mentioned before this is not my first ram; this is another animal or maybe it should be at the taxidermist because its a trophy

I have no hard feelings on the hood, the dealership missed it on delivery and there making it right "I will pay for it out of my own pocked if they won't send me one" now that's a good sales manager.
I hope it's just the hood and nothing else for your sake. But as long as you are satisfied with the truck and the way they are handling the problem than that's all that counts. I didn't mean no disrespect, I just don't like seeing people screwed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope it's just the hood and nothing else for your sake. But as long as you are satisfied with the truck and the way they are handling the problem than that's all that counts. I didn't mean no disrespect, I just don't like seeing people screwed.
Still running like it should. Just checked the radio update and everything is up to date.
I know what you mean when a guy pays that much you shouldn't have to call customer service reps at DC (on any issue)
Still happy I made the trade, can't wait to see how much snow she'll go through this winter. I guess I can wait.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Update?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Still running like it should. Just checked the radio update and everything is up to date.
I know what you mean when a guy pays that much you shouldn't have to call customer service reps at DC (on any issue)
Still happy I made the trade, can't wait to see how much snow she'll go through this winter. I guess I can wait.
They gave me a sport hood (took a loaner for three days while they painted it) a few weeks after I started bitchin.
IMG_0540.JPG

5,000 miles and still no problems, oh ...fuel sensor at 900 miles and a new axle on the recall

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just pasted the 2k mark. My seat heater kept coming on so until they figure that out, I removed the fuse. other than that minor computer glitch, i have no other issues.
did you check your settings? if it is below 40 the seat heater will come on automatically

1 - 17 of 17 Posts