Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the factory tonneau cover for my Rebel build (with Ram boxes). While my truck hasn't came in yet, I've been researching various adds and mods. Has anyone had any leaking issues with the factory cover?

How about any water coming in from the sides of the tailgate? I was thinking about installing this Truxedo universal tailgate seal (link below), but wasn't sure what may already be on the truck from the factory install of the tonneau cover. I appreciate everyone's insight and experiences.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BKKUSQ...TF8&colid=1DPQI5C079QOY&coliid=I3AXG2W04KBUU9

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have never had a tonneau cover before this one ( factory ), and I was skeptical about it keeping things dry in there but it works really well. Under hard water coming down ( like in the car wash ) I get a small amount of moisture near the tailgate but that is it. Otherwise always dry.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Mine doesn't leak. I get a small amount of water by the bottom corners of the tailgate after driving in wet weather. I've had the boxes for my side steps in the since February and they are still bone dry. Maybe a quick check to ensure your tonneau is aligned properly would help

·
Registered
109 Posts
One thing about the tailgate in this truck, if its been raining and the you go to open it up stand back cause it holds a lot of water on the top of the tailgate, I have soaked my pants a few times learing this. Sorry to digress though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the factory tonneau cover, added the Extang tailgate seal and drove in moderate rain today, bone dry inside by the tailgate.

Reactions: Rebel Shores

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered the factory tonneau cover for my Rebel build (with Ram boxes). While my truck hasn't came in yet, I've been researching various adds and mods. Has anyone had any leaking issues with the factory cover?

How about any water coming in from the sides of the tailgate? I was thinking about installing this Truxedo universal tailgate seal (link below), but wasn't sure what may already be on the truck from the factory install of the tonneau cover. I appreciate everyone's insight and experiences.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BKKUSQ...TF8&colid=1DPQI5C079QOY&coliid=I3AXG2W04KBUU9
My Rebel was interested in the tri-fold OEM cover. What can you tell me about your experience with it. When folded does it obscure line of vision, does it stay up or do you remove it for taller items. Also how quick are they removed. I've never had any type whatsoever on my trucks so any info would help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the factory ram tri fold cover. It doesn't obscure at all when driving folded up. . And it is very easy to remove completely. This was my first tonneau cover and I didn't really want it, but I love having it now and would put one on any future truck also.
And did you just talked about your truck like it's a person, being "interested" ? Or was that an auto correct?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I had installed a tail gate seal, everything is bone dry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the factory ram tri fold cover. It doesn't obscure at all when driving folded up. . And it is very easy to remove completely. This was my first tonneau cover and I didn't really want it, but I love having it now and would put one on any future truck also.
And did you just talked about your truck like it's a person, being "interested" ? Or was that an auto correct?
My truck talks to me all the time Lol. Like " give me gas" or " pass that sucker ! " But seriously the cover keeps things dry, hinders prying eyes, suppose to help in the dynamics of air flow to slightly increase mpg.

·
Registered
46 Posts
They do look cool and would be a good upgrade. Besides my son works at a dealer, that's 10% off cost or $450. But thanks for the feedback to help me make this choice. Life's all about choices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts