Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I got a call from my dealership telling me FCA as of today as come out with a software remedy to the irractic and hard two to one downshifts. Now this is great and will be picking up my 8 speed 50k HEMI 2016 Rebel tomorrow, and will get the actual pertinent information from my service advisor. This is a big push, I have had 3 reflashes, TCM replacement, valve body replacement, and tranny fluid service all for this issue. To ANYONE on this forum who either said this is normal, put up with this, or haven’t found a fix, hopefully it all can be put to rest. And to FCA, it only took 4 years, WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've experienced this same surging recently. New to me 2019 Rebel with 5.7 and 18k on the clock. Going to make an appointment for the new SW. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've experienced this same surging recently. New to me 2019 Rebel with 5.7 and 18k on the clock. Going to make an appointment for the new SW. Thanks for the info.
How did everything go. I am astonished at the diffence and also increase in MPG.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How did everything go. I am astonished at the diffence and also increase in MPG.

I haven't been able to take it in yet. Did you ask them to perform a particular update or TSB? Or did they know exactly what needed to be done. I really hate going to dealers for service unless it is a recall. They act like I have 3 heads on my shoulder whenever I describe an issue. And they always reply, "we've never heard of that..." Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will check my paperwork, give me a second.....They TSB information wasn’t attached to sho paperwork, sorry. This is a 2020 TSB sent on FEB 15th, I remember that much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man sorry to hear that, I honestly have had only two occurances where I think I felt a little buck, but that’s all. It has been a month now, and man my truck drives like something different. My next thing to address is possible removing air ride, but I have an extended warranty, so I may be stuck out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Man sorry to hear that, I honestly have had only two occurances where I think I felt a little buck, but that’s all. It has been a month now, and man my truck drives like something different. My next thing to address is possible removing air ride, but I have an extended warranty, so I may be stuck out.
I may try another dealership see what they say

·
Registered
2 Posts
Service bulletin # is 21-010-20
Thank you for the information! I'm a brand new 2016 Ram owner and love it so far except for this exact issue, sporadic hard downshifts from 2 - 1. Of course it didn't happen or I didn't notice it during my test drives but it is definitely there now. I'm glad to hear there may be a fix for it.

Out of curiosity, what were you getting for MPG before this update?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts