Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I was loading up the bed the other day at Lowes, I noticed the rear driver's side fender flare has separated from the body of the truck. See image below.

I'm gonna try and slide some double sided tape in the gap, hopefully that'll solve it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Q

·
0 Posts
So as I was loading up the bed the other day at Lowes, I noticed the rear driver's side fender flare has separated from the body of the truck. See image below.

I'm gonna try and slide some double sided tape in the gap, hopefully that'll solve it!

Get the 3M double sides tape, probably best to take it all off clean off the glue and just replace all the tape and stick it back on.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That would be a trip to the dealer for me, i appreciate it may not be suitable for you, but, any damage will not be covered under the warranty

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would shove that sh*t right up the Dealers ass. Tell them to fix it asap. that some bull that its falling off

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hell yes take that back to the dealer man! I wouldnt think twice of "home made fix" on something like that. I KNOW you paid good money for that truck (we ALL have) get them to do it right.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I changed my mind, gonna take it in. My only issue is that I bought from a dealer in SC, and I live in New Jersey.

I've taken my Challenger to a local dealer that I didn't buy from for warranty work, so I'll just go there. It's hard not having the dealer I bought from close by, but that's the price I pay for such a good deal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea I changed my mind, gonna take it in. My only issue is that I bought from a dealer in SC, and I live in New Jersey.

I've taken my Challenger to a local dealer that I didn't buy from for warranty work, so I'll just go there. It's hard not having the dealer I bought from close by, but that's the price I pay for such a good deal.

Def. As long as it's a Chrysler certified dealer you're good. They car less about where you got it from as long as you "keep it in the family" they're happy to help.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I took mine in for warranty work at local dealer. They said you didn't buy it from us we won't work on it

·
Registered
332 Posts
I took mine in for warranty work at local dealer. They said you didn't buy it from us we won't work on it
The warranty states it is to be taken to an authorized service centre. If they refuse the work then I'd never darken their doors again and I'd be filing a complaint with FCA. It's bad for the brand. It's just plain bad customer service.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This is a simple fix but it is a truck under warranty so should be fixed by an FCA authorized service centre and documented.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Its all under warranty at any dealer you take it to, but your preferred "treatment" will usually only go as far as where you buy it from. You just leverage to your salesman the importance of moving you "up" in line to get things fixed or he/she will lose your next purchase to somebody else.

This is much more prevalent in the recreation (boating, atv) world. They are all "Obligated" to work on the product line they sell but unless you bought from them, you're at their mercy as to when their service bays become open. I always try to buy local just for these circumstances. But I understand why people go outside to get great deals, you just hope you never have to use your local dealer for warranty issues

·
Registered
146 Posts
Please take it in. Under 36,000 miles with the bumper to bumper, always take it in. If you don't take it in, FCA won't have a warranty claim. Without warranty claims they won't open a case file and their quality control guys will have nothing to do. Plus, the more warranty claims per issue there are, the better chance that issues and problems will be getting things fixed or designed out of next years model.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Please take it in. Under 36,000 miles with the bumper to bumper, always take it in. If you don't take it in, FCA won't have a warranty claim. Without warranty claims they won't open a case file and their quality control guys will have nothing to do. Plus, the more warranty claims per issue there are, the better chance that issues and problems will be getting things fixed or designed out of next years model.
True...never considered it in that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

eply mine all aroun are doing the same thing. Bringing it in tomorrow to be fixed by dealership. Warranty work

·
Registered
6 Posts
Both of my rears were separating. Dealer replaced them no problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine are doing the same thing, I'm not surprised because my 2014 Laramie I had them replaced 3 times before I get rid of the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
The dealership I purchased my new Ram Rebel from noticed the new trucks on the lot doing the same thing, but mine has not started coming off yet.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am new to this forum but with a group of rebel owners we need to get and have available contact info for Chrysler, dodge, ram
to resolve issues

·
Registered
123 Posts
Definitely not allowed under the dealer contract with FCA. Crap like that could cause them to lose their right to sell the brand. I would contact FCA and still take it to a different dealership....I wouldn't trust them after that BS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts