Ram Rebel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
My only question is how does this deal with truck bed loads and pulling trailers. Does your truck squat now or are the coils strong enough to stay up. I want to remove my air ride but not completely sure due to having a travel trailer to pull.
Well as for bed loads I can answer that iv hauled all kinds of crap and it hasn't been issue as for towing well that's not something I do all that often last thing I towed was my buddies camper back in October.
That being said my rear springs are the same as those off a sport with a tow package but my truck is leveled now with the Rancho quick lifts so if I was to tow anything serious with the added weight of whatever I'd probably be squatting a bit and blinding other drivers with my headlights

·
Registered
3 Posts
I followed Vshni’s formula / parts list
FCA essentially left me on my own. No help there. But having confidence in the vehicle and not going back and forth to a dealership all the time is worth it.
Ride is good. No complaints at all. Absorbs the bumps nicely. Maybe able to “feel” the tar strips on the highway a tad more, but I may be over sensitive trying to nitpick and differences now.

-Fred
Do you do any trailer pulling wit b your truck? Does that have any effect on removing the air ride?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rancho quick lift front left strut r5999944
Rancho quick lift front right strut r5999930
Rear shocks rancho x2 r55367
Rear right spring 5154650aa
Rear left spring 5154649aa
Spring insulators x2 52855789ab

Total cost after labour and wheel alignment 2,576.21 CAD
Looking at your parts list and the website side by side, if you used the RS5369 says the vehicle height is 4 inches, would that put the rear end 4 inches higher?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ended up pulling both fuses for the air ride to disable the module completely and I bought the falcon suspension that has the ability to tighten the suspension in order for the back of the rebel not till lean when there's a trailer on it. It's the falcon TeraFlex suspension that they offer online It has different modes on it so you're able to set it to trailer mode so that the truck won't squat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I’m not on very often but here’s my truck after replacing all the shocks with fox shocks then putting 35s on. first picture was when I brought it in the shop then after

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
What parts did you buy? And can you just buy any typical coil overs for a ram 1500? I want to buy some fox coilovers
I ended up pulling both fuses for the air ride to disable the module completely and I bought the falcon suspension that has the ability to tighten the suspension in order for the back of the rebel not till lean when there's a trailer on it. It's the falcon TeraFlex suspension that they offer online It has different modes on it so you're able to set it to trailer mode so that the truck won't squat.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
They'll fit you'll just need some coils and coil insulators for the rear

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Yup with a few minor exceptions if itll fit a regular 1500 itll fit your rebel

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
174 Posts
Believe the only difference between the rebel and the regular ram suspension-wise is a 1” spaced lift if I’m not mistaken?
If you do level the front end from stock you should also be installing corrected upper control arms to maintain range of motion.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Believe the only difference between the rebel and the regular ram suspension-wise is a 1” spaced lift if I’m not mistaken?
If you do level the front end from stock you should also be installing corrected upper control arms to maintain range of motion.
That's the 5th gen rebel only its air ride or factory 1 inch lift the 4th gens were only air and I think this thing about changing your ucas comes from to many people reading about lifting their truck and not actually doing it.
I threw the Rancho quick lifts in mine to get rid of the air ride and its basically just a 2 inch leveling kit been running that for 2 years now still no issues and I drive the piss outta my truck

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
174 Posts
Your right for the most part, you should t have to do the UCA’s until after a 2” lift, anything above a 2” you should as it corrects the steering geometry.
not saying you can’t get away with it at 2.5, but your leaning on the edge of what is allowable.
min every case though, when installing the common 3-6” lift, you should be correcting your pinion angles, steering angles, and control arm angles without a doubt.
2” you will be fine, but myself I prefer to spend the money on my steering axle as if it were to fail, it you be you and your families life on the line, and the extra couple hundred bucks is cheap when you consider the latter.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Now your talking about a lift in your previous post you said level I woulda kept my mouth shut otherwise lol but no I hear what your saying when I actually get around to lifting the truck yeah I'll be spending the money to make sure my truck isn't the biggest hazard on the road

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
174 Posts
Now your talking about a lift in your previous post you said level I woulda kept my mouth shut otherwise lol but no I hear what your saying when I actually get around to lifting the truck yeah I'll be spending the money to make sure my truck isn't the biggest hazard on the road
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
no worries bud! I just did a bunch of research on it myself and god a good idea of what’s goin on so I’ll restate.
level, 2” you’ll be fine.
above this, don’t be cheap.
none of us wanna die for upgrading our trucks so I try to focus heavily on the steering axle so I “shouldn’t” have to worry about it. Go big or go home(y):cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
What parts did you buy? And can you just buy any typical coil overs for a ram 1500? I want to buy some fox coilovers
I purchased the 3 inch TeraFlex kit By falcon suspension. What is the install and everything from four wheel parts it sent me back around $2500.00 But with all of the discounts happening at the time that I did the install I ended up paying $2250.00 With it getting installed And four wheel parts completely take apart the air ride suspension on my 2017 rebel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rancho quick lift front left strut r5999944
Rancho quick lift front right strut r5999930
Rear shocks rancho x2 r55367
Rear right spring 5154650aa
Rear left spring 5154649aa
Spring insulators x2 52855789ab

Total cost after labour and wheel alignment 2,576.21 CAD
Got any before and after pictures by any chance?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't have before pictures but I can show you after pics My truck is just in the shop getting worked on right now but once I get it back I can take some pictures of the suspension on the truck and post it to the forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have before pictures but I can show you after pics My truck is just in the shop getting worked on right now but once I get it back I can take some pictures of the suspension on the truck and post it to the forum.
Yeah that works too, ill just try to compare it to mine.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts