Ram Rebel Forum banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I might get a lift later but I'm putting the rancho quick lifts on so from what I've been reading I should be able to put 35s on afterwards so if that is the case I might not even bother with a lift
How is the ride on the rancho quick lifts so far man?

·
Registered
2018 Ram Rebel
15 Posts
Today, I finished the install of the "Vshni" rancho fix.

The truck now sits even at 39 inches, centre of wheel well on all four corners. The only difference with the parts list is I went with RS9000xl adjustable series for the rear shocks.

With that said, a big thank you to Vshni for coming up with the parts list and sharing it. Another thanks to all the mad scientists on the forum who are always willing to help.

I did the job myself, and I took my time. So it was a day and half in total. But, I wasn't working like a mad man, but rather plugging along. I also used a haynes manual for torque settings etc. The final step will be a an alignment for good measure.

I would say to folks, that first, remove the fuses that control the air compressor and air suspension modulator. I would also say, that before you start, have either a 21mm crowfoot wrench, or a flex head ratchet to remove the top shock bolt. Its awkward to say the least.

I did not flash the the computer (I dont have the diagnostic tool to reset/remove the air suspension error code), so I have a brief error message on start up. (It chimes once and you dont see it again till you shut off and start up).

I ve included a few pictures.

(As the truck has 82k on it, I figured I might as well change out the sway bar links and bushing. I installed mevotechs with a grease zerk all the way around.)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
174 Posts
Looks good! How do you like the ride compared to the air?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Today, I finished the install of the "Vshni" rancho fix.

The truck now sits even at 39 inches, centre of wheel well on all four corners. The only difference with the parts list is I went with RS9000xl adjustable series for the rear shocks.

With that said, a big thank you to Vshni for coming up with the parts list and sharing it. Another thanks to all the mad scientists on the forum who are always willing to help.

I did the job myself, and I took my time. So it was a day and half in total. But, I wasn't working like a mad man, but rather plugging along. I also used a haynes manual for torque settings etc. The final step will be a an alignment for good measure.

I would say to folks, that first, remove the fuses that control the air compressor and air suspension modulator. I would also say, that before you start, have either a 21mm crowfoot wrench, or a flex head ratchet to remove the top shock bolt. Its awkward to say the least.

I did not flash the the computer (I dont have the diagnostic tool to reset/remove the air suspension error code), so I have a brief error message on start up. (It chimes once and you dont see it again till you shut off and start up).

I ve included a few pictures.

(As the truck has 82k on it, I figured I might as well change out the sway bar links and bushing. I installed mevotechs with a grease zerk all the way around.)

View attachment 30971 View attachment 30972 View attachment 30973
How's the ride quality on it compared to the air ride? And do you have any new pictures? Been looking into this setup but thinking of going with 35 inch tires too

·
Registered
2018 Ram Rebel
15 Posts
Looks good! How do you like the ride compared to the air?
So..to be fair.

With the sir suspension as unreliable as it was, last winter, I thawed the truck out and then raised the height to "off road" and pulled the fuses for the air compressor and ride height sensors. Since then, the truck has been at off road height, and the ride has been rougher than it would be on the "normal' setting.

What I can say, is the truck is at off road height and rides smoother/ less jarring. As the Ranchos are adjustable, I have them set at "5" which is how they come from the factory.

I am on gravel/dirt roads daily, but rarely off the beaten path.

Overall, if your air suspension is unreliable in the cold, this is worth your while.

·
Registered
2018 Ram Rebel
15 Posts
How's the ride quality on it compared to the air ride? And do you have any new pictures? Been looking into this setup but thinking of going with 35 inch tires too
those pictures are from this weekend after I completed the work.

I too am looking at new tires. Either a 305 or 315.

·
Registered
2018 Ram Rebel
15 Posts
Now I'm confused. Do you have the 2 inch quick lift or the 4 inch one?
What are you confused over?

i followed Vshni’s part list. The only substitution was the rear shocks. I opted for the rs9000xl series that are adjustable ( same as the quick loads).

the rancho’s quickloads take the rake out. So everything sits at approx 39 inches, ground to centre of wheel well arc.

·
Registered
2018 Ram Rebel
15 Posts
Now, the stock Toyos..285/70/17. The dont fill the wheel well now..so once they are done I may bump up sizes. I may consider changing to the BF Goodrich KO2..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've heard good things about those, I'm considering with the rancho quick lifts since I know I do mainly daily driving but keep my 17 inch tires and buff up with a 35 inch tires. Thats my plan

·
Registered
2018 Ram Rebel
15 Posts
So after a week, I like the ride of the rancho shocks and molar rear coils.

The ride is stiff without be jarring. ( I left the Rancho adjustments at "5", which is the factory setting).

If you are having air ride issues, for about 1300-1500 CDN, you can solve your problems (you doing the work).

Steve

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
What is your height from the floor to the top of the wheel fender? Some say its around 39" with 285 size tires.
As he said its 39 same with mine its 39 its going to be 39 if you follow the parts list or pretty much any 2 inch level

201 - 214 of 214 Posts