Ram Rebel Forum banner
241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
For me personally I did not have them remove it. Basically I asked them to take the air struts off and replace with coil overs. The just tucked the lines to each strut out of the way and I pulled the fuse so the compressor wouldn't try to run. No issues so far. They may have been intimidated having not worked on air suspension before. The shop I found hadn't done it before either but they had no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone ever seen Rancho send the wrong parts :( had hoped to install this week before I go camping this coming weekend but they drop shipped me the wrong part. Correct part number on box was correct but the imprinted number was wrong. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea turns out one was wrong other was right. Basically the top plate was wrong and wouldn’t fit. Now I have a whole different issue, it is just a terrible ride in the rear. Springs are loud even with isolators and rancho thinks my rear shocks were shipped bad. Overall makes me hate the truck

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's weird because after my install I loved the truck again. After some time driving now I can't help but feel like the truck rides like crap. It doesn't feel planted when hitting bumps or cornering at all. It is almost like the suspension is too harsh on sudden hits. I know the air suspension rode better but I guess this is the way to go since it doesn't fail like the air did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m really debating manual bags by timber grove and bilstein suspension in the rear 5160’s maybe. I feel like my front is fine with the ranchos but the rear is god awful

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
58 Posts
Just did this job. Went with a kit from Carli. Now the truck won't start. I unplugged the ride height sensors, and unhooked the airlines from the shocks other then that I left everything else in place. I'm stumped at the moment, I don't feel like anything I touched should prevent the truck from starting

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
58 Posts
Nevermind figured it out. Man I feel kinda dumb lol. I pulled the rear calipers off, to lower the diff enough to get the springs on, i didnt wanna bleed the system so i just manned them on with my man hands, Which usually results in a stiff brake pedal. Ive had that happen before on my last truck, but it was a key, not a push button start....:|
So i wasnt pushing hard enough on the brake after pulling those off, thats why it wouldnt start. So after fucking around for an hour I went back and stood on it, and it fired up, stiffness is gone, get a test drive in, goes in for Alignment on Friday. Looks good though, and the air ride is in a pile in the corner of the garage

Reactions: donniegood

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you've made the change please respond to the thread and let us know if you're happy with the results. I have a compressor that sounds like a dying moose. I need to make the wholesale change or just bend over and replace the compressor.

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
58 Posts
If you've made the change please respond to the thread and let us know if you're happy with the results. I have a compressor that sounds like a dying moose. I need to make the wholesale change or just bend over and replace the compressor.
I just recently swapped out my air ride with a Carli 2.5 kit with King shocks. So far I'm very pleased with the results. For now I've left the compressor up there as I don't really have a reason to yank it. I did pull the fuses for the air ride stuff though.

Reactions: KansasRam

·
Registered
13 Posts
Compressor tanks and hoses are still on board we decided to leave them for now incase any issues came up I could easily switch back but after having it for a a while now I dont see myself having to do that I'll probably end up keeping the compressor on the truck so I can use it for filling tires or whatever as for warning lights all that happens is a message pops up saying service air suspension when you first start the truck and it goes away if it annoys you you can get the dealer to remove the code for the air ride
Just got done doing the switch myself, only question I have is what fuses do u pull

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you remove the 2 fuses in the engine compartment fuse box. 40A and 20A?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any way I can get a link to the alfo obd or whatever I need to clear that message? Just want to make sure I get the right stuff, already switched to coil shocks with 6 inch lift, the 2 fuses are taken out so no issues there just the original message that comes on on startup, thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any way I can get a link to the alfo obd or whatever I need to clear that message? Just want to make sure I get the right stuff, already switched to coil shocks with 6 inch lift, the 2 fuses are taken out so no issues there just the original message that comes on on startup, thanks
What kit did you end up getting to make the switch? Could you post a link to where you got it from and a parts list if possible? I really like the hight of yours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone installed the Strutmaster 2013-2018 Dodge Ram Rebel Air Suspension Conversion Kit With the Light Fix Module (DR34FM)?it runs about $1450.00 delivered and is supposed to be a bolt on installation.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts