Ram Rebel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems more complicated to do the bilsteins though but cheaper and better quality confused as to what the other guy did with these free broken struts or whatever he got from the dealer for free.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Well I'm no mechanic I just do stuff and hope for the best lol I was trying to find I video of somebody doing the full install of the struts but I cant find it now. Oh well I'm sure ducatista can shed some light on it for ya

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Yup it is but I'm seeing what you see and I thought the same thing everytime I looked at the truck just be careful after they *fixed* mine the front passengers side was always lower. So a take a look at the front make sure it's not crooked might be hard with all the snow making the ground so uneven

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seems more complicated to do the bilsteins though but cheaper and better quality confused as to what the other guy did with these free broken struts or whatever he got from the dealer for free.
The lower spring seat is what you need from a pair of broken struts at the dealer. They literally come off with a few light taps from a hammer. Look at parts list a few pages back. Everything you need is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice bike! I'd probably kill myself on that thing lol luckily the rams are governed at 170kmh lol. How fast does that thing go?
It’s got the 1198 Superbike engine with a 240 rear series tire. She’ll do 270/280 if you tuck in low enough lol. I had a 1198S superbike before which used top out the on the Speedo 299km/h but the rpm’s would continue to climb.... So it probably did 320/330km/h lol

·
Registered
19 Posts

See the piece in the middle of the strut. Turn the strut upside down, hit it with a hammer with a few light strikes. Reinstall onto the bilsteins in the same orientation. It’s not that hard lol

Here are a few videos. The one guy makes a mistake and he installs the washer that comes from the bilstein strut on the top of the strut mount. The washer actually goes underneath the strut mount which allows the strut mount to be turned after it is installed as per the bilstein instructions.

Hope this clarifies

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok guys so here is an update.

For anyone who has done this mode. Make sure you DO NOT remove fuse F87 10A. This also controls your trailer brake module. I also reinstalled the air suspension relay K3 in the fuse box.

I’ve purchased AlfaOBD and am running Windows 10. Works like a charm. Once you have it running follow these steps.

Go into body control module (BCM) > active diagnostics > car configuration change > P/T Chassis Net-ASCM Air Suspension Control Module (change to: Not Enabled)

Once these steps are done you will no longer see the warning each time you start the truck.

All this credit goes to Vshni for helping me through all of this.

So just a quick recap. You only need to remove the F05 (40A Fuse) and F50 (20A) for the air suspension. So far nothing else has been affected.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also the dealer is unable to remove the air suspension code by adding SE8. I had a friend search through the sales codes available and it was not on the list. So it looks like AlfaOBD is the only option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you make it so the air-ride service does not come up on the truck when you start it ? is there also a way so the truck does not bug me about the air-ride being no longer on the truck ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
did you make it so the air-ride service does not come up on the truck when you start it ? is there also a way so the truck does not bug me about the air-ride being no longer on the truck ?
Yup. All you have to do is use AlfaOBD to disable the air suspension control module and done!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased a ODBLink MX and bought the android version of alfaodb. Went in through bluetooth, connected to body computer, than clicked my2015 powernet, and clicked connect. I than clicked the little car icon than scrolled down and clicked car configuration change, went to PT Chassis net ASCM air suspension control module and clicked to change the value to not enabled. I than clicked the start button and it said if I proceed the changed will be applied. I accepted. It said done. I turned the truck off (was on Acc) and got out of vehicle. Waited 90 minutes and when I went back and started the truck the service air suspension immediately still came up. What did I do wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have to remove the two fuses even after turning the control module off for the air ride? I would think disabling the module would tell the system to ignore the fuses? My compressor is removed and not there anymore so there should be no power? Sorry for all the questions, I can just not wait to get this error message removed every time I start the truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well pulling the 20amp fuse worked. The dealer had already removed the 40amp when they took the compressor out. So at last no more message when I start the truck. So much for the dealer saying it was impossible to do. Thanks to Vshni and others that have helped me with this issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well pulling the 20amp fuse worked. The dealer had already removed the 40amp when they took the compressor out. So at last no more message when I start the truck. So much for the dealer saying it was impossible to do. Thanks to Vshni and others that have helped me with this issue.
Yayyyy! Lol

81 - 100 of 134 Posts