Ram Rebel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to swap out the air suspension on my '16. It's extremely frustrating that my truck is useless when I want it the most... I've been pouring over all the posts I can find. It looks like there's two affordable ways to go: Bilstein or Rancho.

My problem is that I have the V6 in my Rebel. I believe Ram uses different springs depending on what engine and body the truck has, so I have to believe the Rancho setup won't work for me as it comes with new Rancho springs (One spring fits all?).

So, on to the Bilstein setup... I'd need to source some OEM springs. What Ram would have the springs i'd need? I'd think a Sport, Crew Cab, 3.6l would be the closest to what would have existed in an "Air Suspension Delete" option on a Rebel if there was one...

So I have two questions:
1) Is there a matrix of all the OEM spring part numbers and what exactly they fit?
2) Does someone have the part numbers for the springs on a 2019 Rebel with no Air suspension? What other 2019 trims have the same springs?

If anyone has any of this info, it'd be greatly appreciated. Also, if there's any flaws in my thinking above, let me know....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I followed Vshni’s formula / parts list
FCA essentially left me on my own. No help there. But having confidence in the vehicle and not going back and forth to a dealership all the time is worth it.
Ride is good. No complaints at all. Absorbs the bumps nicely. Maybe able to “feel” the tar strips on the highway a tad more, but I may be over sensitive trying to nitpick and differences now.

-Fred
Question for you on the Rancho Quicklift how is it I’ve heard horror stories I ready to remove my air suspension and was looking at these

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I finally got back into town ordered the coil overs for the truck everything should be here in 3-5 days the guy who runs the shop said hell be taking pictures of the install so for anybody who is interested I will be posting those here once everything is said and done
How’s the Rancho Quicklift going I’m thinking of getting this but don’t Wana most hight and I’ve heard you will what’s your thoughts on it

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
The ranchos are doing great I went and bought some new tires last month and while it was up there I had the mechanic check out everything suspension wise and he said everything's perfect and the truck drives as straight as an arrow which Is a surprise considering the amount of crap I make my poor truck drive threw daily

·
Registered
3 Posts
The ranchos are doing great I went and bought some new tires last month and while it was up there I had the mechanic check out everything suspension wise and he said everything's perfect and the truck drives as straight as an arrow which Is a surprise considering the amount of crap I make my poor truck drive threw daily
Thanks for the reply I just ordered my parts today

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rancho quick lift front left strut r5999944
Rancho quick lift front right strut r5999930
Rear shocks rancho x2 r55367
Rear right spring 5154650aa
Rear left spring 5154649aa
Spring insulators x2 52855789ab

Total cost after labour and wheel alignment 2,576.21 CAD
Hey bud so I got your part list but noticed the rear spring part numbers are different but they both say they are for right or left,what's the difference?, also you said the rear spring insulators which I found but do you need front spring isolators?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
No you dont need spring insulators for the front and the reason they're different is thanks to my mechanic I had originally ordered a different left spring but it was actually about a coil length bigger than the right and stiffer he did some digging and those are the correct spring numbers for the right and left, me and a buddy actually crawled under a bunch of trucks on a dealers lot to confirm this after they refused to give me part numbers

·
Registered
10 Posts
No you dont need spring insulators for the front and the reason they're different is thanks to my mechanic I had originally ordered a different left spring but it was actually about a coil length bigger than the right and stiffer he did some digging and those are the
correct spring numbers for the right and left, me and a buddy actually crawled under a bunch of trucks on a dealers lot to confirm this after they refused to give me part numbers
Ok so just to confirm the rear springs are those that u listed? There is actually a difference? So basically they cannot be swapped from left to right? They are different for each side?

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey all
I just picked my truck back up today
2014 Laramie Limited
Of course with the dreaded air suspension and cold weather sag / error.
I followed Vshni’s Rancho formula and it was absolutely pain free, no mods required just bolt in.
Winter tires on shitty rims in place. LOL
Pic attached
Does your cruise control still work? Also can you give me rear coil part numbers please

View attachment 27121

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Ok so just to confirm the rear springs are those that u listed? There is actually a difference? So basically they cannot be swapped from left to right? They are different for each side?
Yeah their the same both sides I had originally ordered different ones but my mechanic caught it and ordered the ones I listed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with the rancho RS9000XL? I cant find the Rancho r55367 like Vshni and others have applied.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I never removed the compressor. I only pulled the 40A and 20A. Try that first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just had my air suspension removed yesterday on a 2016 Rebel, they removed the fuses you mentioned as well but when I left the shop I had no right side turn signals, left headlight and cargo light was all not working put the fuses back in and still nothing, removed the battery cables for 10 minutes and now everything works again but the fuses are still in. If I remove them and try to reset the computer will they work correctly? Or what do I need to do to remove fuses and still have all my lights work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah mine was measured in the shop on level ground so I'm gonna say were the same height. I hope so since we have the same setup lol
Hi there! I know this is an old post, but can you tell me the name of the shop that did the swap for you? I also live in Winnipeg and my air ride is freezing already in -3 and I’m having a hard time finding a shop to complete this for me.
Thanks in advance!!

101 - 120 of 134 Posts