Ram Rebel Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Hi-tech automotive it's on pembina near bishop just call him up and tell him your looking to remove your air ride he'll help you out. And if you want the service air ride message gone after you do the swap just let me know I'll be working around Winnipeg for the next month or so so I should be around

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hmmm. Wonder what it would to cost to drive there from Kelowna to do this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Hmmm. Wonder what it would to cost to drive there from Kelowna to do this. Lol

Like everything is a direct fit theres like 0 modifications needed I dont know why alot of these shops wont do it

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ya I went to a shop last year and I felt like u was from another world. They thought I was on glue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone lately found any places to buy the rear shock absorber rancho rs5367. Everywhere I find is sold out. Now that temps have dropped the ride is terrible on my rebel no air suspension at all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi-tech automotive it's on pembina near bishop just call him up and tell him your looking to remove your air ride he'll help you out. And if you want the service air ride message gone after you do the swap just let me know I'll be working around Winnipeg for the next month or so so I should be around
Have my truck going into the shop tomorrow to switch the suspension!! Where abouts are you located? Would love to get that error message off of my truck for good!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I'll be in the city for work starting tomorrow and I'll be in the I think it's the east kildonan area... I think I dunno I just know I'm close to headmaster and a tim hortons lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be in the city for work starting tomorrow and I'll be in the I think it's the east kildonan area... I think I dunno I just know I'm close to headmaster and a tim hortons lol
ok. There is a tims at headmaster and Lagimodiere lol. I can come by there Wed-Friday at about 4:30ish... I work out past that way and pass it on my way home everyday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok guys so here is an update.

For anyone who has done this mode. Make sure you DO NOT remove fuse F87 10A. This also controls your trailer brake module. I also reinstalled the air suspension relay K3 in the fuse box.

I’ve purchased AlfaOBD and am running Windows 10. Works like a charm. Once you have it running follow these steps.

Go into body control module (BCM) > active diagnostics > car configuration change > P/T Chassis Net-ASCM Air Suspension Control Module (change to: Not Enabled)

Once these steps are done you will no longer see the warning each time you start the truck.

All this credit goes to Vshni for helping me through all of this.

So just a quick recap. You only need to remove the F05 (40A Fuse) and F50 (20A) for the air suspension. So far nothing else has been affected.

Do you know how to review the error message in a 2018 Ram Rebel?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Same thing with alpha obd but with the 18+ models you'll need a bypass harness to actually change the codes in the bcm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for the questions, but I cannot seem to get anyone to even consider swapping out the air suspension. One shop mentioned that removing the system would put the truck into "limp" mode and it would never function correctly. Another shop said they would do the work but will not make any modification as far as welding, drilling and also would not take any responsibility if errors occur. I believe you mention that your Rebel is a 2017. Do you know if the parts list for the 2018 would be the exact same?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
It's all a direct fit no modifications needed it wont put the truck into limp mode I drove around for months after removing it before I ordered the stuff to remove the error code if you dont mind the 1 warning ding everytime you start the truck you dont even have to remove the error code

·
Registered
275 Posts
This has been a great thread. Can we post up (again) the parts again to do this from start to finish?

121 - 134 of 134 Posts