Ram Rebel Forum banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Made the switch yesterday, ordered the parts from Rockauto using the parts list... ended up being $872.69 CAD including pre-paid import fees and not including shipping.

Yesterday I spent $528.36 for labor... 1 hour per corner at $120/hour
I also got them to re-align the headlights as they were aiming too high with the added 2” in the front

Overall I’m very happy. It’s a little odd to look at the extra space between the wheel and the fender but it rides nice. I’d say smoother than with the air bags.

You can definitely use stock struts and coils in the rear, you could use stock everything if you wanted to. Price difference wasn’t that much different so I didn’t worry about it.

I didn’t bother with an alignment, she goes straight and everything feels like it should. I’ve only got 55k km on it so I’ll do an alignment down the road when I get other components replaced.

I will be bring it to dodge in a few weeks to get them to delete the air suspension from the system so I don’t keep getting the message on the dash.

Didn’t bother removing the entire air system, maybe down the road or maybe never.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made the switch yesterday, ordered the parts from Rockauto using the parts list... ended up being $872.69 CAD including pre-paid import fees and not including shipping.

Yesterday I spent $528.36 for labor... 1 hour per corner at $120/hour
I also got them to re-align the headlights as they were aiming too high with the added 2” in the front

Overall I’m very happy. It’s a little odd to look at the extra space between the wheel and the fender but it rides nice. I’d say smoother than with the air bags.

You can definitely use stock struts and coils in the rear, you could use stock everything if you wanted to. Price difference wasn’t that much different so I didn’t worry about it.

I didn’t bother with an alignment, she goes straight and everything feels like it should. I’ve only got 55k km on it so I’ll do an alignment down the road when I get other components replaced.

I will be bring it to dodge in a few weeks to get them to delete the air suspension from the system so I don’t keep getting the message on the dash.

Didn’t bother removing the entire air system, maybe down the road or maybe never.

View attachment 30300
About to delete mine off my 16 as well. Going to go with a fox shock set up but worried it’s going to sit lower then it does in off road mode. I was ultimately going to just get the lockers to keep it in off road mode but 2800 to replace the compressor as me taking the air suspension off all together.

The set up shows it leveling out stock models but worried it’ll end up lowering the rebel. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can definitely confirm with the setup that I went with my ride height definitely isn’t as high as off road mode with the air suspension.

I never looked at going with a fox suspension, but the rancho front coil overs I got are supposedly 2” taller than factory which basically gives me a leveling kit with the factory rear coils. The nose does sit a little higher than the rear but I’m hoping that the suspension will settle.

I think you’d be looking for a 4” lift over factory if you wanted the same ride height as off road mode.

·
Registered
15 Posts
About to delete mine off my 16 as well. Going to go with a fox shock set up but worried it’s going to sit lower then it does in off road mode. I was ultimately going to just get the lockers to keep it in off road mode but 2800 to replace the compressor as me taking the air suspension off all together.

The set up shows it leveling out stock models but worried it’ll end up lowering the rebel. Any thoughts?
This is my rebel in off road mode just after I bought it in 16... not a great comparison but you can tell there’s more clearance between the tires and the fenders than there is now... not much but it’s noticeable

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I dropped my truck off at dodge today to get the air suspension removed from the computer. They’re telling me there’s nothing that dodge can do clear it from the computer and I’m always going to have dings and warnings come up.

The problem is in the body control module and they can’t reprogram it. What if I was to replace it with one from a truck that didn’t have air ride?

They're saying there’s some kind of harness you could possibly buy but I haven’t looked into that.

Honestly just very disappointed that dodge can’t just remove that from the system.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does that just clear the code temporarily or can it permanently clear the code?
Is it fairly simple to use?

I’m in red deer

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Its permanent I removed the all the codes for the air ride so it doesn't even show up in the radio options even used it to disable my fog light drop out my seat belt alarm enabled the option to make my drls optional and enabled my power folding tow mirrors after I installed em
It's a great tool to have since most dealers wont add or remove codes and the ones that will will charge you an hour or two labor

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered one (y)
Don’t have an android phone but says it works with a Bluetooth enabled windows laptop so I’ll give that a try

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I dropped my truck off at dodge today to get the air suspension removed from the computer. They’re telling me there’s nothing that dodge can do clear it from the computer and I’m always going to have dings and warnings come up.

The problem is in the body control module and they can’t reprogram it. What if I was to replace it with one from a truck that didn’t have air ride?

They're saying there’s some kind of harness you could possibly buy but I haven’t looked into that.

Honestly just very disappointed that dodge can’t just remove that from the system.

Suggestions?
Ya I want to delete my 17 Rebel put springs and good shocks on her but very expensive so trying to decide if I should just trade it or sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Ya I want to delete my 17 Rebel put springs and good shocks on her but very expensive so trying to decide if I should just trade it or sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your better off getting the swap 2.5k doing the swap or them giving you nothing for trade in since nobody wants anything to do with the air ride

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its permanent I removed the all the codes for the air ride so it doesn't even show up in the radio options even used it to disable my fog light drop out my seat belt alarm enabled the option to make my drls optional and enabled my power folding tow mirrors after I installed em
It's a great tool to have since most dealers wont add or remove codes and the ones that will will charge you an hour or two labor
Did you use just the obdlink app/software or did you get the obdalfa app?

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but I can’t seem to make any changes to the air suspension in the obdlink program except clear codes if there was any. But the air suspension doesn’t actually throw a code.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
So you got the pc program if I'm remembering correctly but options should be the same just a different order so what your gonna wanna do is make sure your truck is in the run position but your engine isnt running select ram 1500 then body computer then your year of truck then after its connected click on the car with its hood open then under select procedure select car configuration change then your gonna wanna scroll all the way down to p/t chassis net-ascm air suspension control module select that and select the value not enabled that's will get rid of your warning and if you wanna go all out and remove it from your radio while still under the car configuration change look for the custsetMenu 1 area and you'll see custsetmenu 1 tire jack mode or aero mode or whatever air ride options there are and you can disable those once done turn off the truck let it sit for 15 minutes or so and you'll be good to go

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
And sorry double post but yes you need alfaobd sorry long day my reading comprehension is 0

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds good, I waited too long in the day
I’ll have to try again next weekend and get the obdalfa... it says €49 so I figured id ask you before I go spending more money on something I wasn’t sure I needed or not

141 - 160 of 179 Posts