Ram Rebel Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Yeah its expensive but worth it if you like tinkering with your truck but if it's just a one time thing for something like this it's a bit much that's why I always offer to do it for people around here but nobody takes me up on my offer :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haha I’d take you up on your offer if I was closer for sure
I’ll be out there coming back from North Dakota on Tuesday but I’ll have the wrong truck lol

Nevertheless, it was like $80 for the scan tool... if paying another $80 will for sure solve my air bag message problems I’m happy... I just won’t be home until Friday now so I should have maybe brought out the scan tool earlier in the day rather than last minute before heading back to work

·
Registered
282 Posts
So you got the pc program if I'm remembering correctly but options should be the same just a different order so what your gonna wanna do is make sure your truck is in the run position but your engine isnt running select ram 1500 then body computer then your year of truck then after its connected click on the car with its hood open then under select procedure select car configuration change then your gonna wanna scroll all the way down to p/t chassis net-ascm air suspension control module select that and select the value not enabled that's will get rid of your warning and if you wanna go all out and remove it from your radio while still under the car configuration change look for the custsetMenu 1 area and you'll see custsetmenu 1 tire jack mode or aero mode or whatever air ride options there are and you can disable those once done turn off the truck let it sit for 15 minutes or so and you'll be good to go
That’s the alpha version? I just picked up a Apollo D8. I wonder if it does the same stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Yeah those steps are for alfaobd but now I'm gonna have to look into this apollo d8 thing now since I have nothing better to do

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah those steps are for alfaobd but now I'm gonna have to look into this apollo d8 thing now since I have nothing better to do
Alright. Let me know what you think. It’s through snap-on. I also have the software for anything before 2019. It costs a ton but.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Alright. Let me know what you think. It’s through snap-on. I also have the software for anything before 2019. It costs a ton but.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #167

Ya know I did alot of reading on this thing and I cant get a clear answer on if it would add or remove sales codes but from what I've read itll give you mor detailed information on any error codes and the modules involved but like if you already have one give her a shot if not you you'll have to look into alfaobd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally had some time to try out AlfaOBD... if you’re going to use the one for PC, you need to purchase it on their website through PayPal then send an email with the license code from the app. They’ll then send you an activation code so you can use the program outside of demo mode.

I just did it so no long term results but so far so good!
Seems like the only way you’d know the truck had air ride is the buttons on the dash or by looking under the truck and seeing the components.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Spoke too soon, I did end up with a warning still come up. “Air suspension requires service immediately”
guess I missed something

·
Registered
41 Posts
Remember that is in Canada i am sure you guys in the US can get iffy done way cheaper. I would think. I live across the border from Detroit, i buy parts over there for a lot cheaper than here. Dealer pays even. I get US money at par so that helps but even without i still save.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Spoke too soon, I did end up with a warning still come up. “Air suspension requires service immediately”
guess I missed something
To actually stop the error from popping up is disabling P/T Chassis Net-ASCM Air Suspension Control Module everything else is optional

·
Registered
14 Posts
To actually stop the error from popping up is disabling P/T Chassis Net-ASCM Air Suspension Control Module everything else is optional
Yep I read your previous post, I disabled that one as well as the tire jack, aero, etc. that you also mentioned were optional.

I still got the warning message, only once but basically as soon as I got on the highway.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
It's not supposed to come on at all once you disabled the option did hit run procedure or something along those lines I'm sitting in the parking lot at work so I cant check exactly what it says

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your options are run and stop.
And I double checked to make sure the changes actually took affect by going back in after disconnecting and letting the truck sit turned off for 5 min

I did forget to remove the air suspension relay and the 20amp fuse... I removed them when I parked at work so I’ll see if that makes a difference.
It shouldn’t though if the computer thinks there’s no air suspension to begin with.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Your right once you disable the air ride those spots basically become spare fuse holders so I don't know why your still getting the error

·
Registered
2018 Ram Rebel
5 Posts
I want to say thank you.

I am new member and the advice you have given with regards to dealing with the Air Suspension issues has been very helpful.

I m having the same issues that many other members have had, and I was teetering on just selling the truck. But, I have a manageable solution thanks to this thread.

I m going to the dealership again tomorrow to have yet another suspension collapse addressed (The dealership has been awesome, I can't complain). But this summer, I m installing the rancho package as described by you.

For those curious, I ve tried dealing with FCA and that was a giant waste of time. The rep refused to admit that this was a systemic issue. I am contemplating lodging a complaint with Transport Canada to see if it will go anywhere.
Once I started talking to a few guys from work and their friends, I found in a pretty small circle of people (x6) rebels with the same issue.

Kinda sad.

Anyhow, mods with pics to come once I get it done.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts