Ram Rebel Forum banner

Finally getting air suspension removed

158K views 267 replies 64 participants last post by  MarauderShields 
#1 ·
So I finally got back into town ordered the coil overs for the truck everything should be here in 3-5 days the guy who runs the shop said hell be taking pictures of the install so for anybody who is interested I will be posting those here once everything is said and done

#2 ·
Can't wait to see pictures. It also would be a benefit to keep up with the cost. From what I read and see, if you live in cold climate sooner or later you will be getting rid of the air. My 15 has extremely low miles on it and I plan to keep it that way. So far I been getting about 1750 miles a year on it. Might be a show truck someday. This probably the last vehicle I will every have. But if I have to, including I'll change it.
Thanks Big Red

#3 ·
I'll get you guys an accurate cost after the installation is done but the guy who runs the shop also has one up in Thompson and he says alot of the people there are having issues with the air ride to so if everything works out like it better with all the research I've done he can put together a kit that'll probably cost less than the price of a compressor or an airbag

#4 ·
I'd love to see the pictures

#11 ·
I live in Canada where it's cold it dropped to -25 not to long ago and I was left riding on the bump stops for the day and after 2 months of no suspension last year and a month of it's on and off again working I really dont wanna live threw that again this winter and its cheaper for me just to replace it with coil overs than to sporadically miss work threwout the winter cause my truck can't drive in the cold

#17 ·
Well I got the truck back everything is all done they even took measurements previously the front was 37.5 and the rear was at 39.5 now they're both at an even 39 and so far the ride is pretty good took it threw the floodway on the way home handled all the washboard and bumps better than the air ride ever did I'm gonna have to fiddle with the adjustments a bit in the front cause the little bumps and potholes do feel a bit rougher but overall it's an improvement over the air ride but I do have a parts list with numbers for anyone interested and heres the pics of the rear
Suspension part Auto part Suspension Vehicle brake Automotive tire
Auto part Suspension part Disc brake Vehicle brake Suspension

#135 ·
#28 ·
#29 ·
Compressor tanks and hoses are still on board we decided to leave them for now incase any issues came up I could easily switch back but after having it for a a while now I dont see myself having to do that I'll probably end up keeping the compressor on the truck so I can use it for filling tires or whatever as for warning lights all that happens is a message pops up saying service air suspension when you first start the truck and it goes away if it annoys you you can get the dealer to remove the code for the air ride

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.