Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of years of financial "issues" I have finally ordered my dream truck. It's a 2017 with all the options except the tow mirrors, and the cd player. I got a great discount from the dealer. Now I have to wait until December for delivery. It is Granite, Two tone.

I have the following mods planned
Either a muffler replacment (The Boesch sounds nice) or cat back (which seems like a waste)
Functional Cold air intake.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats!!! I have the same options as you, but I didn't get park sensors, or the CD player

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got my VIN number today, but since they shut down vots, I had to chat with an agent to see if there was a delivery date. They did not have an estimate, was ordered on 10/6, my guess is early December.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well dealer told me the build date this morning, she said 11/2 is my truck's birthday, and should be on the lot a couple of weeks after that. So If I'm lucky I just bought the last tank of gas I will ever purchase in my Honda CRV.
My immediate Mod plans include a spray in bed liner, undercoating, something with the exhaust (so many choices), functional hood with cold air intake.

Where is a good website to decode my VIN number, I have tried several but they don't really have any info just a lot of unknown.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My truck shipped today, should be at dealer 11/10 - 11/16.
Decided to go with a Bed Rug instead of a liner, still don't know what I'm going to do with my exhaust ... Think I will start with the "Installed Boesch Built Muffler Delete" that screaminfast installed, if it's too loud then I will try something else. May as well start with the loudest and go from there.
Been 15 years or so since I had a pickup, had to trade last ram 1500 in for CRV due to long commute distance on highway, with the 4" lift and 37" tires it was horrible on the highway, and with 4.10 gears I was lucky to get 11 - 12 miles to the gallon. But I do so miss having a pickup, really excited.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey guys, Iv been banging my head recently after dealing with the stealership in regards to purchasing a new Ram Rebel. Im highly considering on just ordering one just the way I want it, however I would like some tips on what to expect in regards to price and options. So far the dealership is giving me the impression and or run around that if I special order the truck, then they can't work with me on the price...this true?? I want the black/red 2017 fully loaded with exception of the tow mirrors and CD player.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up my new baby today, she is awesome. Now time for all the upgrades !!
First off is a bed rug to protect bed. Then some steps, and maybe a nice side molding.
Exhaust is going to have to wait until I get the cold air intake finished.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my CRV had a mmc card slot for music, the Rebel has a USB. No problem just copy all the files off one format onto another. Hmmm didn't work. Messed around with xFat fat32 extra folders, subdirectory named music nothing worked. Then I stumbled onto this link USB Memory Stick with Uconnect - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Turns out you have to have at least one JPG and at least one MP3 for it to be recognized. So now I get to test the Alpine system out !

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've been using a USB flash drive, 128GB, in mine for over a year now. I got one of the really low-profile ones and put it in my console USB port as soon as I got my music all loaded on it. No jpeg images on it, just MP3s. It does have to be formatted for FAT32, but it's one large partition, not smaller partitiions, and I already have all my music spread into folders by artist/album. (feature of the software I used to rip all my CDs and albums over the years)

·
Registered
3 Posts
After a couple of years of financial "issues" I have finally ordered my dream truck. It's a 2017 with all the options except the tow mirrors, and the cd player. I got a great discount from the dealer. Now I have to wait until December for delivery. It is Granite, Two tone.

I have the following mods planned
Either a muffler replacment (The Boesch sounds nice) or cat back (which seems like a waste)
Functional Cold air intake.
I did flowmaster outlaw and very happy with it. Also, have the mopar CAI though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.