Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang , thanks for letting me join. I have been a fan of this rebel since the start. and have been lease shopping for a few months now and think i may finally have a decent number and am hoping you guys in the midwest or surrounding can tell me if it is or not. Have a 16 sierra with 12 lease payments left of 395 thats not helping matters. Rebel is 55k and change ..discounting to 43k ..buyout 34k. They are taking my truck. 2k down 39 month lease at 10k a year for 410/month.
I know I am early looking but had back surgery in January and the gmc ride is a bumpy one and am hoping the air ride and buckets are a bit more comfortable. Please chime in thoughts .. after reading all throughout this site it seems my number might be ok ? Thanks again for any input.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So after paying 410 per month for more than 3 years you will still owe 34k? Do you plan to keep it or get another one? 10k milers per year wouldnt work for me. Havent had mine a year yet and have over 20k already. If you plan to keep it a lease will likely cost you more than to actually buy it with a normal payment.

Technically if you leased it you didnt buy it, your just renting it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after paying 410 per month for more than 3 years you will still owe 34k? Do you plan to keep it or get another one? 10k milers per year wouldnt work for me. Havent had mine a year yet and have over 20k already. If you plan to keep it a lease will likely cost you more than to actually buy it with a normal payment.

Technically if you leased it you didnt buy it, your just renting it.[/QUOTE

Unfortunately the paynent on the truck if buying it would be much to high. Its a third vehicle in the driveway so i am trying to keep the payment as low as i can. It will be going back after the lease is over to lease another.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not well versed on leases, so I can't speak to that, but the ride is great! Its one of the most comfortable vehicles I've been in, and that includes Lexus, Jag and Acura.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That is a pretty good deal. The residual is a bit high so worry about the condition of the truck when you turn it in. Chrysler is usually 49 to 52 percent residual so a 55k sticker is 27k at lease end. The fact that he took the GMC back is amazing if you had over 4k left in payments. He must think the buyout is worth the upside. Good luck with the Truck!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
That is a pretty good deal. The residual is a bit high so worry about the condition of the truck when you turn it in. Chrysler is usually 49 to 52 percent residual so a 55k sticker is 27k at lease end. The fact that he took the GMC back is amazing if you had over 4k left in payments. He must think the buyout is worth the upside. Good luck with the Truck!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Ya that sounds right

·
Registered
272 Posts
The buyout is a bit high for 39 months...but if you plan on buying it out...not an issue. With the fact you still owe on your old truck..its probably right on track.

I will say the suspension is great and the truck is very comfortable. 4500 mile trip in mine back in February with no back issues what-so-ever...last 3 days of driving was 12 hours each day.

What color are you looking at? It matters! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i picked up the rebel after all
Went red
All the toys except the leather and ram box , after taking my truck and remaining lease pay of 12 at 395
2399 down
396 month 10k year
Residual was 59 percent
Factor 00145
Buy out 33k
6 dealers quoted all around the 490 mark so jumped on this while I could and couldnt be happier ...owned rams for 20 years and thought it was time to come back to hemi :)
20180426_192618.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well i picked up the rebel after all
Went red
All the toys except the leather and ram box , after taking my truck and remaining lease pay of 12 at 395
2399 down
396 month 10k year
Residual was 59 percent
Factor 00145
Buy out 33k
6 dealers quoted all around the 490 mark so jumped on this while I could and couldnt be happier ...owned rams for 20 years and thought it was time to come back to hemi :) View attachment 24793
Nice looking Rebel. You will be happy with the ride - very comfortable around town or on long road trips. Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts