Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok made it to Ocean Shores Washington 3hrs on the road some traffic is the Seattle area . got 9.6 MPG by the gauge . will fill-up later and do the math .
John

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok got fuel and did the math 10.02 but that is a few miles with no trailer . the truck gauge was set when I left the house and when I got camp site . so I thank it is right on .
John
PS I work hard to stay out of the doghouse so I always talk to the wife before I buy a car .:)

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Ya I can't see our trucks getting decent mpg's. With the gearing 3.92, and weight...you would have to drive it like a little school girl to get close to 19 mpg, let alone ever seeing 20 mpg.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ya I can't see our trucks getting decent mpg's. With the gearing 3.92, and weight...you would have to drive it like a little school girl to get close to 19 mpg, let alone ever seeing 20 mpg.
I don't drive anything like a little school girl, so I guess I will never see 19-20 mpg....lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually very happy with MPG with the power . stayed up with traffic and speed limit with no problem , had a Dakota with 4.7 with same trailer and got 8 MPG and could only get to 55 mph and felt like I was pushing the limit of the truck . with the Rebel had to back off the gas pedal . pulls really nice .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How heavy is your trailer when you are loaded up?

I have a 20' trailer I use for camping and hunting. I can't wait to see how mine will tow this season.
Hi
It is a Keystone Passport 2200 RBWE 25' weight right around 5500 lbs the dry weight 4450 . I did not fill the fresh water tank .
John

·
Registered
34 Posts
John what is the weight of your travel trailer I also just purchased a 22' camper weighing in at just under 5000lbs dry. Drove it about 50 miles so far and the Ram did struggle a bit on the larger highway hills but had no problem off the line. Those 392 gears are great for towing. Sad to say I am running the V-6 edition. ( v-6 comes only with the 392s). As a side note, be sure to set the towing button on to lock in the "normal" height setting.( air ride will stay put once towing setting is applied).

·
Registered
34 Posts
It does not look as if you have the weight distribution bars installed. I was talked into purchasing them by camper dealer. After hours of research I found they would be a great help. I can keep the stock look to the rear and the large weight is balanced. The brand is Husky 32217 spring bars. Also has a great anti sway system. About $300 Amazon. Sorry for imposing if you have them installed. Thx Scott

·
Registered
288 Posts
John what is the weight of your travel trailer I also just purchased a 22' camper weighing in at just under 5000lbs dry. Drove it about 50 miles so far and the Ram did struggle a bit on the larger highway hills but had no problem off the line. Those 392 gears are great for towing. Sad to say I am running the V-6 edition. ( v-6 comes only with the 392s). As a side note, be sure to set the towing button on to lock in the "normal" height setting.( air ride will stay put once towing setting is applied).

He gave the weight 2 posts before you asked........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.