Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Rebel 3 & 1/2 weeks ago and tonight on the way home from the store I noticed my instrument panel flickering. I took a video, then a second from the driveway to show that no street lights are affecting what is being seen. Has anyone else had this issue?

<

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeap....push all your fuses in (they are all loose from the factory) ...it has happened to others as well

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hopefully that fixes it

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Interesting

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last night I had some flickering, but after my stop, when I went home and today and tonight, no flicker. I'm perplexed. Is it the Rebel cluster, a wire, or does FIAT really mean Fix It Again Tony?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I took the above video on January 5th, seated everything I could find in the fuse box and the flicker went away. Then, Saturday, January 24th it happened again while running errands. After shutting off the truck and starting it again it was gone. Tuesday, January 26th it was back again worse than ever. I drove it straight to the local dealership and left it running to make sure someone there saw it. Granted it was only a pair of salesman and not a service guy, but two of their employees saw it.
Today, I took it in and they couldn’t make it happen and told me the customer service system was down so they couldn’t look it up, but will call me as soon as they know something. I do know a someone at another dealership and they had a guy there look it up and there are no notes for it on 2016 Rams or specifically Rebels.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a Ram Truck issue not limited to the Rebel, here are other Ram Truck Forums with this issue

Random flashing/flickering backlight on instrument cluster - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

help needed with dash issue - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Flickering Gauge Lights

Apparently some dealers are replacing the instrument cluster, but not removing the steering column cover and scratching the crap out of it. I also noticed if a cluster is replaced the miles are set at the factory and will be what is on your truck when the order is sent in, so you may get a new cluster that shows lower miles. ! guy said he hit 5,000 miles twice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are there any recalls on the 2016 Rebels rear axle?? I'm seeing a few of you guys have had to get that axle replaced.... are these 2015 or 2016 or both??

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Can I see a photo of what the dash looks like lite up at night please, does anyone have a photo. I cant seem to find one.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Can I see a photo of what the dash looks like lite up at night please, does anyone have a photo. I cant seem to find one.
Thanks
20160203_061507.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
1 - 20 of 121 Posts