Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so i did a search on here and didn't see where someone had already asked, so... Does anyone know if it's possible to add parking sensors to the front bumper? I know other dodge 1500 models come with it.. shame the 55K dollar truck doesn't!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's correct. I'm just wondering why? Can they be installed and reprogram the computer? Just don't understand what would cause it to be an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, that's correct. I'm just wondering why? Can they be installed and reprogram the computer? Just don't understand what would cause it to be an issue.

I just bought a new one too, unfortunately nothing so far, I know it does suck, and they said if you install after market it can void the warranty

·
Registered
105 Posts
They probably assumed that people who buy the “off road” version of Ram didn’t want extra sensors. That they would be capable drivers able to learn the dimensions of the truck
Your explanation doesn't make sense. If they assumed that "people who buy the "off road" version of Ram didn't want extra sensors", then why did they equip the Rebel with rear sensors? I'd venture to guess that more than half the Rebel owners never take their trucks off road. For me, it has nothing to do with being a capable driver. I've owned over 40 vehicles in my lifetime, and this is the first one with any kind of parking sensors. I'm more than capable of learning the dimensions of the truck, as I have with every vehicle before this one (including many trucks). I was just questioning why Ram would have rear sensors and not front ones on this generation of Rebel. It's like they realized their mistake so they will be including them in the future.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sorry. That’s what I was going for, Ram realized that people buying the Rebel would want the front ones. I know that mine doesn’t even have the rear sensors. Just the camera, my wife almost found that out by backing through our garage. Lol

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
This plantet is so over crowed and private property is everywhere and state parks are very over priced, I can't imagine where people can go off roading....unless it's all illegal .....hense the name rebel.....oh snap...

·
Registered
181 Posts
This plantet is so over crowed and private property is everywhere and state parks are very over priced, I can't imagine where people can go off roading....unless it's all illegal .....hense the name rebel.....oh snap...
You just live in the wrong part of the country. My condolences! There are thousands of miles of trails in Colorado. Everything from mild to wild. It’s far from illegal, but if you ever make it out this way, please respect the land, pack out what you bring in and STAY THE TRAIL!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Ya, I hear ya, and I understand that places have trails, but why stay on the trail....why can't someone make a new trail....see what I mean.....if it's not private property, it protected land / wildlife...etc.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ya, I hear ya, and I understand that places have trails, but why stay on the trail....why can't someone make a new trail....see what I mean.....if it's not private property, it protected land / wildlife...etc.
Simple Zim. Land Management. Tread softly. If there is a trail why make another?

Like noCo said, Colorado has many. Utah does also. Many states do. Get out of your state/city and travel some.

Reactions: NoCo

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I guess this is why i love my boat. Gives me the freedom to go off and get away. I suppose living in a state that has those trails and the freedom is nice. I grew up in the city, and kinda still do. Signs signs everywhere telling me what i can and can't do. .. Cool. Nice to hear that other states still have outdoor freedom.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Zim,
i can see it now - one day we will be watching "Alaska Troopers" and we will see you and the Rebel with the caption "why not?"
:)
Ha! Been there done that brother! I was stationed on shemyia. 87-88 . Not sure what they call her now, but ya, blazed a path acoss the island in a stolen dodge ram (no less) from a pilot, base mps in pursuit, ran out of gas got bust doing it but it was a blast! Lol I'd do it again!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.