Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had luck finding a brush guard for the new Rebel? At the time I purchased mine I was told they would be out at the end of 2015 or beginning 2016. As it turns out this was wishful thinking. I'm talked to several of the manufactures as well as parts managers at several Ram dealers and all I'm hearing is bad news. The design of the front bumper, grill, etc. is totally different from the traditional Ram 1550. So far all I've heard is no one is planning to design one until popularity is proven for the new truck. I can only hope that someone can update this with some good news. I know of one design shown on other posts but it has a look totally different from other guards. Sorry that this borders on a rant and maybe it is. Due to the fact that this accessory is important to many people, especially if those that live in deer and javalina country, Ram sales people should be more knowledgeable. BTW I love the truck and won't let a little thing like this get in the way of that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Not brush guards. A few replacements but nothing rugged. Generally takes time for brush guards and replacement grills to be put together for newly designed vehicles and with the Rebels production being limited it has more than likely put a bit more reservation on the side of the fabricators.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone had luck finding a brush guard for the new Rebel? At the time I purchased mine I was told they would be out at the end of 2015 or beginning 2016. As it turns out this was wishful thinking. I'm talked to several of the manufactures as well as parts managers at several Ram dealers and all I'm hearing is bad news. The design of the front bumper, grill, etc. is totally different from the traditional Ram 1550. So far all I've heard is no one is planning to design one until popularity is proven for the new truck. I can only hope that someone can update this with some good news. I know of one design shown on other posts but it has a look totally different from other guards. Sorry that this borders on a rant and maybe it is. Due to the fact that this accessory is important to many people, especially if those that live in deer and javalina country, Ram sales people should be more knowledgeable. BTW I love the truck and won't let a little thing like this get in the way of that.
I put a Fab Four bumper on the front. More than a brush guard I realize but this is what I learned...the front end is like other 1500s. However, the grill is not. I had to make some small mods to the grill so it would sit back in place with the new bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Alright, PatrickDaubert, we are gonna need to see pics of the mod you had to made!!!! This changes everything for me. I need to see how it's done so I can get mine ordered!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
you need to remove the pieces under the headlight, and trim your grill bottom corners to angled instead of straight. Like a ram sport grill. And probably remove the small pieces on the front flares. But he didn't

That bumper looks massive. I wonder how the ride is with that extra weight, Fab fours weigh 105 pounds more than stock.

Pretty cool he got it done, good job Patrick.

·
Registered
105 Posts
you need to remove the pieces under the headlight, and trim your grill bottom corners to angled instead of straight. Like a ram sport grill. And probably remove the small pieces on the front flares. But he didn't

That bumper looks massive. I wonder how the ride is with that extra weight, Fab fours weigh 105 pounds more than stock.

Pretty cool he got it done, good job Patrick.
Thanks for the reply, jholtrop. The weight is a concern. I think I will stick with my original plan of getting the ADD Stealth bumper that only weighs 20lbs more than stock. After the winch, I will be close to the 105lbs that the Fab Four would add sans winch. Again, thanks jholtrop.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Their are quite a few of the bush bars that fit the 1500 that the rebel has the space for and will fit onto the tow hook assemble of the rebel. The amount of space behind the grill and bumper is huge. The problem lies in people not wanting to modify any of the original tow hooks, skid plate, or bumper with a bolt on application. As the rebel is reall a limited edition in terms of numbers produced most aftermarket producers are avoiding it because the end profit numbers just are not high enough to warrant the start up costs for new product lines. Modifying your vehicle to include mods deeper than just bolt on solutions scares some. For me it's all about trying to achieve a look with out destroying the original consent the designers had. I may black out the front end, but not changed the shape of the bumper or skid plate. Know what can be done withought cutting or replacing original parts.

·
Registered
952 Posts
image.jpeg

Reactions: DavidTebow1983

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Came with all hardware, had dealer install

1 - 15 of 15 Posts