Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is talking about Painting or Plasti Dipping or Wrapping the front skid plate in black, has anyone just ordered a new one in black and if so will the dealer do the install

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a '19 rebel and I went to the dealer's parts department, they told me there is no replacement part in black for that front skid plate. I dont know if the ones that are on the 2020's that are black are different where they wont fit properly on older models. I ended up having someone Line-X the part and it matches great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,CMan, was thinking about Plasti Dip myself, and if doesn't look good, peel it off. I saw a Hummer with it done, and it looked fantastic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Black skid should be available, for 2020 there are 2 part# available, one # is the same one used on 2019 which must be silver, the other should be the black. Just grab a Vin on line of 2020 with black skid plate and have parts dept get #.

With that I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go so I plastidipped my skid plate. Going to see how it holds up and eventually line-x or replace with black OEM.

Black RAM emblems up next.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Plasti-dip is quite durable, and should hold up for a while. But if you go off road a lot it can get damaged by heavy brush. I dipped the skid plate on my 2017 Rebel, and it lasted for 2 years until I removed it and coated the skid plate with bed liner. My only complaint about the plasti-dip is the color didn't quite match the powder coated front bumper. I mean, nobody ever said anything, and probably never even noticed. But it was something I noticed for those two years. Which is why I ended up coating it with the bed liner. It matched much more closely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Black skid should be available, for 2020 there are 2 part# available, one # is the same one used on 2019 which must be silver, the other should be the black. Just grab a Vin on line of 2020 with black skid plate and have parts dept get #.

With that I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go so I plastidipped my skid plate. Going to see how it holds up and eventually line-x or replace with black OEM.

Black RAM emblems up next.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Hi- here's mine- all with Plasti dip. Excellent color match on a 2019 Rebel. I just did the skid plate and "RAM" letters
20200521_093911.jpg

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts