Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my Fuel Anza D557 wheels (17x8.5, ET -6mm, 5x5.5) and Nitto Ridge Grappler tires (305/70-17 E).

The tires have less than 3,000 miles on them, and are like-new, with only about 1/32" of tread depth used. Fit is perfect without spacers at stock ride height with no rubbing in any ride height mode (including entry/exit). The 34" diameter is the sweet spot for Rams so that they fit and look great at stock height, as well as with a mild lift with link mod.

I love this wheel tire combo, but have to sell since I have decided to go with the AEV lift kit, which unfortunately requires 18" wheels (almost a deal-breaker being that the BDS kit is OK with 17s, but oh well.)
I will probably end up getting the same tire again for the new 18" wheels, as they are fantastic off road, and are very smooth, quiet and sure-footed on road in dry, wet and snow conditions.

Asking price has been lowered from $1650 to $1500 for the complete set of wheels, tires and TPMS sensors. (The package was $2300 new a couple months ago - ~$1200 for tires, $1000 for wheels and $200 for sensors.) I am located in Northern NJ, and would be willing to do a bit of driving to meet up for an local-ish sale.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's too bad you have to get rid of them, I think that is a killer set. I wish I had the finances right now to buy them from you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are these still for sale? And if so, would you sell just the tires? I have Fuel Trophy wheels in 17x8.5 and am thinking about upsizing my tires. I was waiting to wear out my original tires, but only have 20k miles in three years, so it’ll be a while if I wait that long!

And I’m in Memphis, so would need to ship to 38120. Thanks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tires are sold; decided to keep the wheels.

Picked up a set of DuraTracs in 315/70-17... here's how she sits now:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks great. Did you end up getting a lift? I’m thinking about 305/70 or 315/70 and can’t decide. Leaning towards 305/70/17s since I don’t have a lift. Didn’t want to push it on rubbing. Your setup looks great.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great. Did you end up getting a lift? I’m thinking about 305/70 or 315/70 and can’t decide. Leaning towards 305/70/17s since I don’t have a lift. Didn’t want to push it on rubbing. Your setup looks great.
Thanks! 305/70 is perfect without a lift...no rubbing.
I had a very little bit of rubbing on the fender liner at full lock with the 315/70s, but then I added the 2.5" Daystar front spacer kit. They ended up giving me about 2" with adjustable links...looks a lot better, and much cheaper/simpler than a 4" lift kit.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks! 305/70 is perfect without a lift...no rubbing.
I had a very little bit of rubbing on the fender liner at full lock with the 315/70s, but then I added the 2.5" Daystar front spacer kit. They ended up giving me about 2" with adjustable links...looks a lot better, and much cheaper/simpler than a 4" lift kit.
How come you only ended up with 2” after adding 2.5” spacers? I am new to lifting and don’t know much about it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How come you only ended up with 2” after adding 2.5” spacers? I am new to lifting and don’t know much about it.
The spacers are actually only 1-3/8" thick, but the amount of lift you actually get is a function of the suspension geometry, so it's not that simple.

Also, with air ride trucks, lift is entirely dependent on the air ride sensors regardless of spacers... So think of it this way: air ride links determine the ride height, and spacers fill the gap that would otherwise be filled by the air bags inflating to a very high psi (which results in a rough ride). So I set my adjustable links to increase the ride height about 2", and these spacers keep the amount of air bag inflation within the "normal" range for a comfortable ride. Make sense?

·
Registered
552 Posts
The spacers are actually only 1-3/8" thick, but the amount of lift you actually get is a function of the suspension geometry, so it's not that simple.

Also, with air ride trucks, lift is entirely dependent on the air ride sensors regardless of spacers... So think of it this way: air ride links determine the ride height, and spacers fill the gap that would otherwise be filled by the air bags inflating to a very high psi (which results in a rough ride). So I set my adjustable links to increase the ride height about 2", and these spacers keep the amount of air bag inflation within the "normal" range for a comfortable ride. Make sense?
Totally. So that’s what I want to get then. I like the adjustable links but yeah it’s stiff.
Thanks for the explanation :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts