Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2019 RAM 1500 crew cab 4X4, 5.7 Hemi Lone Star Edition. I'm getting right at 23.0 MPG on the highway at 70 MPH speeds and around 19.0 MPG in town. I do have the standard rear end ratio (3.30 something) not the lower ratio that would be standard on the Rebel. I guess my question is, after reading all the mileage post on the forum it seems like the Rebel fuel mileage is really not even close to what I'm getting on my 2019 RAM. I find it hard to believe that the rear end ratio would make that much difference, (4-5 MPG), so what else would cause the Rebel fuel mileage to be that much lower them the 5.7 Hemi that I have in my 2019 Lone Star Edition. My 2019 only has 24,000 miles on it, so I'm having a hard time buying a new Rebel, if I going to lose 4-5 MPG just to to get a Rebel that will never be used for off roading, just like the looks. My Lone Star Edition also does not have the Start/Stop engine, just the standard 5.7 Hemi, is this also part of the lower fuel mileage.
trainman

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2019 RAM 1500 crew cab 4X4, 5.7 Hemi Lone Star Edition. I'm getting right at 23.0 MPG on the highway at 70 MPH speeds and around 19.0 MPG in town. I do have the standard rear end ratio (3.30 something) not the lower ratio that would be standard on the Rebel. I guess my question is, after reading all the mileage post on the forum it seems like the Rebel fuel mileage is really not even close to what I'm getting on my 2019 RAM. I find it hard to believe that the rear end ratio would make that much difference, (4-5 MPG), so what else would cause the Rebel fuel mileage to be that much lower them the 5.7 Hemi that I have in my 2019 Lone Star Edition. My 2019 only has 24,000 miles on it, so I'm having a hard time buying a new Rebel, if I going to lose 4-5 MPG just to to get a Rebel that will never be used for off roading, just like the looks. My Lone Star Edition also does not have the Start/Stop engine, just the standard 5.7 Hemi, is this also part of the lower fuel mileage.
trainman
Do you have a leveling kit, lift, or bigger tires than OEM?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do you have a leveling kit, lift, or bigger tires than OEM?
My RAM Lone Star is as described above, stock as built from the factory. I guess you are saying the Rebel is built with those options that you mentioned and that is why the lower fuel mileage. Understandable, but I thought the 4-5 MPG was a little low for a factory stock Rebel off the production line. I will look at a factory window stickers and see what they say, but we all know about those window stickers, some are close to correct and others are way off. I'm just wanting a Rebel for its looks, not so much for what it can do off road, as mine will not be going off road. Note, I did look at a factory window sticker online and it says, 18 city, 22 highway, 19 average, this is a 2022 Rebel, 1500.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Rebel
3 Posts
I have a stock 2019 Rebel with the start/stop and air ride. Best I get is 19mpg highway and 14mpg in town in Aero mode. If you want a Rebel see if you can order with the gear ratio you want (3.30)?

·
Registered
35 Posts
trainman
I have 2019 5.7 quad 4x4 currently 31,000 average 16mpg, noted I put 6-inch lift, addictive front bumper winch, trigger wireless, ABS air compressor mounted and more some added weight. The lift is first BDS/Fox made all work done in Hasperia Ca. Is bad ass nice truck 1000 pounds of dirt now even lower the truck in the bed. Am thinking the Eco-diesel version like the Rebel but will run 63k.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's silly to worry about gas mileage with a Ram. If you drive 20,000 miles a year and pay $5 per gallon, then the difference with getting an extra 5 MPG is only $83 a month.

That is a low sum when compared with the cost of a Rebel, the cost of insurance, the cost of maintenance, and the cost of depreciation.

You can recoup the extra $83 cost by obtaining a better interest rate or shopping your insurance for a better rate. MPG is a marketing tool to sell vehicles and realistically a very low cost when compared to the true cost of vehicle ownership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's silly to worry about gas mileage with a Ram. If you drive 20,000 miles a year and pay $5 per gallon, then the difference with getting an extra 5 MPG is only $83 a month.

That is a low sum when compared with the cost of a Rebel, the cost of insurance, the cost of maintenance, and the cost of depreciation.

You can recoup the extra $83 cost by obtaining a better interest rate or shopping your insurance for a better rate. MPG is a marketing tool to sell vehicles and realistically a very low cost when compared to the true cost of vehicle ownership.
For me it has nothing to do with cost of fuel., but it does have to do with getting fair fuel mileage vs. not so good mileage. I posted my mileage in my original post and I feel a new Rebel with the same engine and options should get close to the same mileage. I personally feel any new truck that I buy should get at least 20-22 MPG highway, why would you want to go backwards on your mileage. Plus I feel the Rebel is not that good looking with all that Black on it, truly my 2019 Lone Star Edition with 20" wheels and a lot of chrome does look more classy, I guess since I only like White color the Rebel tends to look like a work truck and not the classy vehicle it should be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me it has nothing to do with cost of fuel., but it does have to do with getting fair fuel mileage vs. not so good mileage. I posted my mileage in my original post and I feel a new Rebel with the same engine and options should get close to the same mileage. I personally feel any new truck that I buy should get at least 20-22 MPG highway, why would you want to go backwards on your mileage. Plus I feel the Rebel is not that good looking with all that Black on it, truly my 2019 Lone Star Edition with 20" wheels and a lot of chrome does look more classy, I guess since I only like White color the Rebel tends to look like a work truck and not the classy vehicle it should be.
Looks like u should stick with what u got. My 2022 Rebel says on the meter on dash I average abput 14 mpg. You gotta pay to play

1 - 12 of 12 Posts