Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone else have their garage door opener pick and choose when it wants to work or not? 2017 rebel w the 3 button cluster up high.
Yes. I suspect it's transmitter related as the button programmed for my garage door works fine but the button that opens our airport gate works sporadically, most of the time not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
On my 2014 Big Horn I was experiencing all kinds of weird electronic glitches. The garage door opener was one of them. I found that if I shut off the engine and then re started it usually began working again.

I have had no issues so far on my 2017.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just haven't been able to successfully program mine following the rolling code instruction. Think there's an issue with the instruction, not the electronics really.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine works fine as well. It might be the luck of the drawer type of thing.
Example: some people have all the problems with a cell phone, while everybody else' is perfectly fine.
Try resetting the garage door openers if you have not done already.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine is hit and miss. Seems to act up if I use it after auto starting, entering the vehicle and pushing the start button. I am really trying to correlate and figure out a reproducible event. It always seems to act up when it's puouring rain, Murphy anyone?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I got my 17 in May it took a couple of days for the uconnect to read it for some reason. IT matched the remote and said it was synced and didn't work. Couple of days later good to go and has been since.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone else have their garage door opener pick and choose when it wants to work or not? 2017 rebel w the 3 button cluster up high.
I had to program/train my Rebel garage door opener buttons three times before they worked. I cleared them each time before I started over. My 2012 2500 programmed easily the first time - the Rebel seemed a little more finicky.

·
Registered
277 Posts
So far I have not had any problems using the factory garage door opener after i programmed it. I have had the truck for less than 2 months so far. Did you try re-programming the garage door opener or programming a different button out of the 3?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad I opened this thread.

I programmed all 3 buttons to a single garage door. It seems to be random when it does not work. It also seems that the buttons not functioning is independent from each other: #1 may not work, #2 works. However it's most often that all 3 don't work.

I haven't had a chance to discuss this with the dealership.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.