Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if it's something specific to my truck or not, but the gas nozzle has always been tough to get in because of the extreme angle the fill pipe sits at, and careful as I've tried to be, because of an often dirty truck I've got a few scratches where the pump top hits now.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
No. Only issue I've had is the rubber rings around the nozzles are usually too big to fit in without bumping the door. The door could open farther and I'd be okay with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure if it's something specific to my truck or not, but the gas nozzle has always been tough to get in because of the extreme angle the fill pipe sits at, and careful as I've tried to be, because of an often dirty truck I've got a few scratches where the pump top hits now.

Anyone else notice this?
You are absolutely correct. The angle is off and it is difficult to get the damn nozzle inserted into the fill line. No screatches on my paint yet but I will keep an eye on it. Good luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I fight the rubber splash guard on some pumps hitting the side of the bed at the top of the fuel area. I try to go to gas stations without it or try to fold it down as I put the pump into the fill tube. I'm glad I'm not the only one that dislikes this.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Anyone else notice this?
I have a similar issue with my truck. 2016 rebel

·
Registered
74 Posts
i don't have any issues with pumping gas. i looked at it the other day after reading these comments, but the nozzle fits just fine and isn't anywhere near scratching. So maybe there is something that can be done?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine doesn't scratch ( so far ) but the rubber piece on the gas nozzle is certainly in the way.. I have to manipulate it every time just to get the nozzle in completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can get it in/out without scratching but, like you all said, it's very close and a pain in the ass to get in and out. I'm careful not to scratch it, but I can definitely see where it could happen easily. I remember my 2014 Sport being the say way.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine just doesn't have the issue you guys describe, so maybe it's something you can fix? @johnj, i agree, the angle is a bit steep, but i'm no where near having any part of the nozzle scratching my truck, nor do i have to move/manipulate any part of the nozzle. That's weird, but hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

Would the gas tank size have anything to do with this? I opted for the larger 32 gal tank when i bought mine...i have a '16 purchased in Dec '15.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Would the gas tank size have anything to do with this? I opted for the larger 32 gal tank when i bought mine...i have a '16 purchased in Dec '15.
Maybe, but I would think it would use the same tube. The plastic housing that mounts inside the fender, the part you see around the fill hole, is surely the same piece, and it's supposed to set the basic angle, I think. I'm sort of used to the steeper angle with Dodge/Rams. Yep, same issue with the rubber rings that are supposed to provide a partial vapor seal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'vd had my 2018 Rebel for a month now and i'm having a terrible time with the gas nozzle angle. I can not keep a constant stream of gas coming in due to improper seating of the nozzle. The one time I tried to seat it in deeper, i got the nozzle stuck. I can't stand the constant struggle I have to get gas in the tank. I have a 32 gallon tank, which could be the issue here. I brought it back to the dealer and they replaced the gas tank entry and there is no difference. Sounds like most of you are able to fill a tank no problem. I'm wondering if mine is worse than average. What can I do???

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'vd had my 2018 Rebel for a month now and i'm having a terrible time with the gas nozzle angle. I can not keep a constant stream of gas coming in due to improper seating of the nozzle. The one time I tried to seat it in deeper, i got the nozzle stuck. I can't stand the constant struggle I have to get gas in the tank. I have a 32 gallon tank, which could be the issue here. I brought it back to the dealer and they replaced the gas tank entry and there is no difference. Sounds like most of you are able to fill a tank no problem. I'm wondering if mine is worse than average. What can I do???
I have the same problem with my 17Rebel shitty design for sure):

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you from Oregon?

Sorry I couldn't resist with all the hubbub over Oregon allowing the self-serv gas and people not knowing how to pump their own gas.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I do not have a huge issue but it is a bit of a crazy angle. I had a bad fill when I first got the truck: i had engaged the trigger lock so it fills while i could wash the windows as I was heading on a 4 hr highway drive. It clicked off so, like an idiot, I put away the hose and closed the cap and away I go. As I pull on the higway I look at the gauge and I only filled 3/4 tank not full.
I noticed at the next fill up, while i did it by hand this time, that due to me trying to shove the nozzel in to far, it was causing the over fill sensor in the nozzel to falsely think the tank was full.
Try not shoving it in so far( I know thats hard for us men,hahahahaha). Just get it till the angle of the nozzel is in the fill tube and it rests nicely, then fill away. I have had no issues since
PS. DO NOT "top up" after the nozzel shut off engages. There is very little room in the fill tube for extra fuel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.