Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for every body that has a 32 gallon gas gauge. I was wondering if my truck is the only one that the gauge only reads 26 gallons?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ok. I saw one Ram forum post where a guy from Canada was asking, and 26.5 Canadian Imperial gallons = 32 US gallons.

In your case, dunno. I bought off the lot, got a 26 gallon tank. When I ran it to almost fumes according to the gauge, it took 23 gals to fill it. There is usually some reserve in the bottom of the tank, plus the pump uses some of the space. Best I can guess for you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm still not certain if my tank is 32gal or not, i can't force myself to go lower than quarter of a tank on the gauge, i need to get to fumes and try

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah, actually I meant wizekid33. But it applies to both of you. If you want to verify the tank size, you're going to have to get closer to sucking vapors and then fill it. I've run mine down to where it says I have only 50 miles left. That's about 3-4 gal. Then filled it, and it took 22 gal, which means it's probably a 26 gal tank. If I had ordered the truck, I'd have gotten the 32 gal like you guys did.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, actually I meant wizekid33. But it applies to both of you. If you want to verify the tank size, you're going to have to get closer to sucking vapors and then fill it. I've run mine down to where it says I have only 50 miles left. That's about 3-4 gal. Then filled it, and it took 22 gal, which means it's probably a 26 gal tank. If I had ordered the truck, I'd have gotten the 32 gal like you guys did.
Okay so my spec sheet shows I have the 32gal tank. As you could see in the picture that I posted I'm on empty I filled up completely and I had 26 1/2 gallons going into the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
No worries.

Seems obvious you have a larger tank than I do. Do you recall what range it still thought you had left? That's about the point where it tells me I still have 50 miles left or so.

·
Registered
492 Posts
No worries.

Seems obvious you have a larger tank than I do. Do you recall what range it still thought you had left? That's about the point where it tells me I still have 50 miles left or so.
But u have to remember that also goes by your current mpg. I was at like 11.8 mpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
my 2013 1500 had 32-gallon tank...when reading empty on the gauge and "low fuel" rather than mileage remaining it would usually need about 26 gallons to fill. one time when i got low to the point of panic, i managed to put 29.5 gallons in.

i haven't really watched on my new Rebel, though i was into the "low fuel" warning the other day. gas is cheap enough right now that i'm not attending as closely to how many gallons i'm putting in!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have this problem, too. 32 gallon tank on the spec sheet and I have put 27 gallons in before. It isn't much fun running the tank that low especially with the warning light on. When I asked the dealer about it, they had no idea what I was talking about.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah. I figured that out. What I asked the dealer was if there was a way to make the fuel gauge match the tank capacity.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeah. I figured that out. What I asked the dealer was if there was a way to make the fuel gauge match the tank capacity.
Good luck. Mine showed on E yesterday and when I filled it up I put 20 gallons in it

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good luck. Mine showed on E yesterday and when I filled it up I put 20 gallons in it
Is the "distance to empty" also not corrected for the larger fuel tank? I don't like this at all. I don't run my vehicles down that far but the one snowmobile trip my wife and I do takes about 120 litres of fuel in the FX-4 to reach my fuel stop. It's no big deal to have to stop sooner but I'd hope the Rebel would match my FX-4 in range with the bigger tank option.

FX-4 136 litre tank is 36 us gallons. Rebel's larger tank is supposed to be 121 litre or 32 us gallons. Hmm...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts