Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought my first truck, Ram Rebel 2017 w 86,000km on it. It was showing that I was getting around 16 or 17L/100km when I first got it but it keeps gradually climbing and now I'm up to over 27L/100km. I haven't even been out on the highway yet. I'm city driving and the ECO indicator is on most of the time. I'm trying to watch my acceleration and speed just to see if I can get it down but I'm having no luck. There is no weight in it. The tire pressure warning goes off sometimes so that needs adjusting but it's only warning me for one tire and it's barely under. Does anyone have any other suggestions to get my fuel consumption down?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ram Rebel
115 Posts
If you are doing short stop and go trips yes it will easily climb. I am at 16.9 l/100Km right now but if I am doing short trips around my area without highway driving it easily goes up. I have 2017 as well, if you have sometime this weekend get ut for a drive on the highway for a couple of hours. Not sure what restrictions are on in your province but you can still hit the highway and go for a drive. See what that does to your mileage

·
Registered
78 Posts
I assume you have the 5.7 hemi. My 2017 Rebel has the same mileage and gets closer to 18L/100km on short drives around town. If your running highway tires and they are properly inflated than I'm thinking there may be deposits clogging your fuel intake system. These deposits will make your engine "work harder" to get fuel, which will in turn hurt performance and gas mileage. Easy fix.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Right now with it being winter and being on vacation with the constant command starting and short trips around town im sitting at 19.5 but when I am working on the road im usually anywhere between 12 and 16 depending on wind and how heavy i am with the gas pedal that day

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume you have the 5.7 hemi. My 2017 Rebel has the same mileage and gets closer to 18L/100km on short drives around town. If your running highway tires and they are properly inflated than I'm thinking there may be deposits clogging your fuel intake system. These deposits will make your engine "work harder" to get fuel, which will in turn hurt performance and gas mileage. Easy fix.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I do have the 5.7 hemi. I made sure the tires were properly inflated. Today the mileage was 30L/100km and it seems to still be climbing. I'm new at this so I don't know what the easy fix would be. I'm assuming adding a chemical would be the answer. Can you recommend one? Again, thanks for your help, it is much appreciated..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.