Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was walking out to my truck and noticed something hanging. So I put the truck in off-road mode and crawled under the truck and sure enough the front strap is bolted lip tight but not in the frame. Not real happy about this as that is very important thing that should not be missed in quality control. I could and probably will fix it myself. But part of me says I should get it to the dealer and make them fix it but don't want to waste my whole day off on Wednesday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well your right Big Red I should have let them do it, but I didn't even fill safe driving it to the dealer. It took all of 2 minutes to fix but I will take your advice and take it in and have everything looked once over. When I take it in should I let them now about it and that I fixed because I did not feel safe driving it to them, or will they try to void my warranty for messing with it. I know they cant do that but I have seen dealers try to do it for less.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It is why you pay a warranty!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would take it in and let them know you had to fix it to get it in. I don't feel it is going to do anything to your warranty in any way. As the others have said it is why you pay for these things which wasn't cheap. I took mine in at 1,000 miles to have them just go over everything since it was now driven regularly and it checked out fine. Never be afraid to take your truck in for anything, no matter how small you may think it is. Make sure you keep all the paperwork.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Let them know and insist that they put some locktite on the bolts. They need to tork all of the gas tank bolts. I would have had them send a tow truck get it. My Service Manager and I have been friends for over 20 years and he is a fair a person I know. Remember this is not a $100.00 from the back row it is a $50,000 + truck and should be treated that way.
Big Red

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.