Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I saw someone on here, or another forum that had that tonneau and it looked good. It something that I would be interested in putting on my truck, but I doesn't look like it would work with the ram boxes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone have this installed or ever had one in the past. It's pricey but I like the clean look and security of it. Saw one on a f150 today and it really looked sharp and seems well put together.

GatorTrax Tonneau Cover - Retractable Best Selling Cover
I have a basic truxedo which looks really nice and clean imo. Much cheaper also. I have seen this cover, however, on other trucks and must say it does look very nice. Can't speak to its function.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe GatorTrax is a Retrax that has been relabled.

I bought a RetraxPro, and it's been on for a week now. My initial impression is extremely favorable! It rolls very easily and smoothly with one hand and locks in ANY position along the rails. The RetraxPro feels very sturdy and durable. Time will tell how it holds up. I tried to find some long-term reviews online but couldn't find any. I like the gloss finish, but it is also available in matt.

I also like the fact that there is no stupid strap that needs to be pulled in order to close it. No strap that has to be tied down, or it'll blow in the wind if traveling with the tonneau in the open position.

My Retrax hasn't been rain tested yet. Maybe I'll take it through a car wash just to see if there are any leaks.

Just be aware that there is a big difference between the GatorTrax and GatorTrax MX. I choose to pay the extra $ and go with the advantage of the more durable aluminum construction.

As far as the RetraxPro goes, they are similar in price to the GatorTrax MX ($1799 vs $1759). Every website was the same price. However, if you call in, you can get a decent price reduction. I got mine for $1,460 plus a free tailgate gasket ($20).

Here's a pic of mine:
20160329_172513.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Rebellion - When you say you called in, are you calling Retrax directly? OR where you referring to GatorTrax? I am trying to decide between the RetraxPro MX and the GatorTrax MX.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Tony_mm... They both appear the same (GatorTrax MX and RetraxPro MX) now I am just trying to figure out which one will give me the better deal on a cover for an 8ft truck bed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I could not reach Retrax over the phone due to the holiday BUT folks at GatorTrax were answering their phones. So I went with the GatorTrax MX cover for an 8ft truck bed... Many websites had the Retrax Pro MX for ~$2,000 but because of the holiday, the folks at GatorTrax gave me deal (couple of hundred below the Retrax amount...) I was about to visit a Retrax resaler and try and work out a price BUT the dealing directly with GatorTrax was a lot easier for me this weekend since I would rather spend time cerebrating our Veterans than trying to chase down a good deal on Retrax... So GatorTrax got the sale!

·
Registered
28 Posts
@Student4Life - I bought my RETRAX by calling the website distributor that was selling the tonneau (Tonneaucovered.com). I did not call Retrax directly because I don't believe Retrax sells from the factory. Their website doesn't give any indication that they do. Also, I'm just about positive that the Gator brand is the same tonneau as Retrax and made by Retrax but just relabeled. Call all the different distributors and see who gives you the best deal. Good Luck, and let us know how you made out!

To an earlier poster: this tonneau is in fact compatible with Ramboxes. When ordering, you will be asked if you have Ramboxes.

@Student4Life - I just noticed your latest post. Sounds like you "got 'er done". Hope it works out for ya!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts