Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rebel did not have running boards and I needed them to ease access since the truck is 2" higher than the 2016 Sport I had. Very lucky to find the factory boards on Ebay very close to me for local pickup at a decent price. I prefer the factory boards due to their superior brackets. I took the chromies off my last truck and replaced them with black ones from Westin, but their brackets were nowhere nearly as strong.

Truck got filthy today in the rain driving to the jobsite, but I got them home afterwards and installed them in less than 45 minutes. Had to move the brackets on the boards to match my bolt spacing on the body. These boards are perfect, the don't stick out past the tires and they don't hang down farther than the lowest skid plate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the same ones on my truck and they are great looking and very well made.

I’ve had aftermarket in the past on previous trucks and you are lucky to get 5 years out of them before they rust out and they flex when you stand on them. The Mopars don’t move at all when you step on them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yessir....here ya go...82215301AC
My Rebel did not have running boards and I needed them to ease access since the truck is 2" higher than the 2016 Sport I had. Very lucky to find the factory boards on Ebay very close to me for local pickup at a decent price. I prefer the factory boards due to their superior brackets. I took the chromies off my last truck and replaced them with black ones from Westin, but their brackets were nowhere nearly as strong.

Truck got filthy today in the rain driving to the jobsite, but I got them home afterwards and installed them in less than 45 minutes. Had to move the brackets on the boards to match my bolt spacing on the body. These boards are perfect, the don't stick out past the tires and they don't hang down farther than the lowest skid plate.

View attachment 30982

View attachment 30983

View attachment 30984

View attachment 30985

View attachment 30986
I have the same ones that came factory on my 2020, the good thing about them is they are Aluminum and won't rust.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’m looking for a set of OEM chrome ones for my 2019 Bighorn CrewCab if anyone has a set for sale, hit me up 🤙

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is crazy is that with my Rebel when I step into the driver's side I never use the running board; however, when I step into the front passenger side I always naturally use the running board to step in. (Right handed 61 year old male).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Based on this post I followed suit. Bought the running boards from the dealer and had them installed in 60 minutes. They look great. $512 plus tax. I was surprised to find the mounting bolts already attached. FCA is leading the pack in so many ways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's about the same I paid for mine. It was greatness finding those studs already there. The old mounting procedure for the 2016 was nowhere nearly as stable. The newer brackets are better as well. My favorite part is that they are only 1 1/2" thick so they do not interfere with ground clearance at all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts