Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my K & N cold air intake from my 2011 Ram before trading it in, just installed it in the rebel. I had to mod the air box to accomodate the A/C line which is not located in the 2011 as it is in the 2016. Also had to get K&N to send me a different wiring harness to connect to the oxygen sensor, they changed the connection ends along the way but K&N sent me one for nothing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's the same one I had on my 12' BigHorn. I liked it just trying to decide if I want to buy another!lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't have pics before and after, but if you look at the lower right corner of the air box you will see where I just had to cut out the box so the A/C line could get past it. Was a five minute fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed a K&N cai in my 2017 Rebel a couple weeks ago. Definitely see a slight dump in power, especially around 2500-3000 rpm. Makes a very nice sound too. Actually think I have talked myself out of doing the exhaust now. The cai sound is satisfying me for now. The one thing I was hoping for, but didn't have high expectations was mpg. I have seen a 1 mpg gain under normal driving the first few tanks of gas. Was a nice surprise.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I just dropped in a k&n filter in stock housing and pre drilled several two inch holes on the bottom of factory air box. Works just as good. But that's me. I like modding. Kinda. Depends on what it is is suppose.

·
Registered
157 Posts
nice i like it, i was looking at the ones in the whole box with the little led light for more of a cool show fashion. ahha even though dont really need the extra pazzazz

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
What would be really cool is if you can add a camera and wire it up to factory radio, this way we watch or kit with L.E.D lights in Acton!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts