Ram Rebel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Cough cough....5k.... Um.....wow

G

·
Id spend the 5 K on a lift and larger tires before I covered the paint with a wrap, How does the wrap handle off-roading and mud and getting hit by branches hauling thru the woods?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey good work ain't cheap. Take that price and go get a price to get a full paint job and not a half ass maaco job, bet your gonna pay at least triple that. Actually an investment if you can see it that way, protects paint and can be peeled off or changed whenever you may see the need. Everyone that sees my truck think it's a new paint Chrysler is offering lmao! I find it pretty funny.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Id spend the 5 K on a lift and larger tires before I covered the paint with a wrap, How does the wrap handle off-roading and mud and getting hit by branches hauling thru the woods?
I drive my truck through the woods every hunting season and would never go in the woods unwrapped! Takes all the beating without even touching the paint, saves you big money in paying to have it wheeled out everytime you drive in the woods

·
Registered
119 Posts
And like I said any normal color such as mattes satins gloss and metallics your only lookin at about $3500.00 and that's a reasonable price that not only protects the paint but gives you a unique look and makes your truck or car standout and not look like everyone else's on the road. But hey like you said maybe it's not for you.

G

·
Don't get me wrong, its a real cool color wrap and all, but 5K I'm sure I could spend it on other things to use it on, Yes I agree you can change the color, but that's another 5K I'd rather stick in my pocket. But it is cool.

·
Registered
20 Posts
And like I said any normal color such as mattes satins gloss and metallics your only lookin at about $3500.00 and that's a reasonable price that not only protects the paint but gives you a unique look and makes your truck or car standout and not look like everyone else's on the road. But hey like you said maybe it's not for you.
Im thinking about wrapping my hood in black or military green. Who should I look for that will do a good job? And how much should it cost? How long should it take? thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Im thinking about wrapping my hood in black or military green. Who should I look for that will do a good job? And how much should it cost? How long should it take? thanks.
Depends on where you live if you tell me I can recommend a few shops. Shouldn't cost you more then $300.00-$350.00 and shouldn't take the shop longer then 2 hours.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Two questions about the wrap product: What if you get a stone chip in it, how can that be touched up? You also mentioned that you use heat to remove it, so would a lot of heat in the sun cause any issues with the wrap?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Why not just paint it? Protecting paint is a hilarious reason for a wrap, seeing as you can't see the paint. Hahahaha
Because it's cheaper, only takes a couple hours, and if you don't like it you can take it off. Protects the paint in warm climates and places with salt air so you're not getting your roof redone in a few years from rust. Why the hell wouldn't you get it wrapped is a better question.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I'm in Florida and the only way you will see salt rust a roof is if you don't wax. Furthermore, if you have ever seen one peeled off after years you will understand the why not. Hahahaha
Lol ok? Doesn't change the fact that it's cheaper and a faster process and looks just as good. If you don't like it don't get it. Won't matter to any of us.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am simply stating my opinion, and personal experience. It's no skin off my back if you get one and have issues, so what's your point? The forum is for discussions, those who are thinking about it should know the good and the bad. Is it quicker and cheaper? Depends on the installer. Looking just as good? That's a personal preference. I personally have never seen a wrap that looks as good as a quality paint job but again, just my experience. Have I seen wraps peel paint after being in the Florida sun, installed with a quality product by a quality installer? Yes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I am simply stating my opinion, and personal experience. It's no skin off my back if you get one and have issues, so what's your point? The forum is for discussions, those who are thinking about it should know the good and the bad. Is it quicker and cheaper? Depends on the installer. Looking just as good? That's a personal preference. I personally have never seen a wrap that looks as good as a quality paint job but again, just my experience. Have I seen wraps peel paint after being in the Florida sun, installed with a quality product by a quality installer? Yes.
Yep all a matter of personal taste and experience. I see where you're comin from. What part of Fl you in?

41 - 60 of 82 Posts