Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i an a firearms instructor and want to mount a rifle mount in my rambox. I will be using the ssme tuffloc that the LEO's use in their cruisers.

Has anyone drilled and mounted anything in their Rambox?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
56 Posts
i an a firearms instructor and want to mount a rifle mount in my rambox. I will be using the ssme tuffloc that the LEO's use in their cruisers.

Has anyone drilled and mounted anything in their Rambox?

Thanks in advance
Not drilled into my Ramboxes, but by looking/feeling through the drain holes, it just feels like 1/8" - 3/16" thick plastic.

The Mopar riflemounts are expensive and don't have the locking system NWSDE is looking at.

NWSDE: If you want to use the Rambox with a hardened, locking mount, you'll have to drill. However, have you read about the folding rear seat modification?? (Put a stack [~3/4"] of washers under your rear seat mounts, and you can fold the rear seat backs and access a rifle-shaped space which most people won't know how to access.) A TuffLoc mount happens to fit right there, and if you get the electric lock option, you can hide the button by the driver's seat. The 3-second delay is just enough to get out, open the back door, tilt the seat, and grab the rifle...

Reactions: NWSDE and zim

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't want that. I never want access to my weapons controlled by electrical systems. Too many chances for failure, so I'd have to always be prepared to pull a key out anyway and I wouldn't want it to be hard to find. And their only 2-gun mount is a vertical unit that would have to be adapted to the Rambox, and it's $425 before buying some sort of adapter. Or you could buy a single gun rack for $240. That Mopar mount is about $275 for a 2-gun rack. So the Mopar unit don't seem so expensive compared to the Tufloc system but it doesn't have their lock.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have been planning on cutting up some plexiglass to make some gun racks. I was going to start with pieces similar to the Rambox cargo dividers and cut them to fit my shotguns and riffles then line the plastic with the foam pipe insulators (the ones like pool noodles). Forget $275.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not drilled into my Ramboxes, but by looking/feeling through the drain holes, it just feels like 1/8" - 3/16" thick plastic.

The Mopar riflemounts are expensive and don't have the locking system NWSDE is looking at.

NWSDE: If you want to use the Rambox with a hardened, locking mount, you'll have to drill. However, have you read about the folding rear seat modification?? (Put a stack [~3/4"] of washers under your rear seat mounts, and you can fold the rear seat backs and access a rifle-shaped space which most people won't know how to access.) A TuffLoc mount happens to fit right there, and if you get the electric lock option, you can hide the button by the driver's seat. The 3-second delay is just enough to get out, open the back door, tilt the seat, and grab the rifle...
Thank you, can you point me into the right direction on that mod? I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been planning on cutting up some plexiglass to make some gun racks. I was going to start with pieces similar to the Rambox cargo dividers and cut them to fit my shotguns and riffles then line the plastic with the foam pipe insulators (the ones like pool noodles). Forget $275.
This is actually a great idea!
I wouldn't want that. I never want access to my weapons controlled by electrical systems. Too many chances for failure, so I'd have to always be prepared to pull a key out anyway and I wouldn't want it to be hard to find. And their only 2-gun mount is a vertical unit that would have to be adapted to the Rambox, and it's $425 before buying some sort of adapter. Or you could buy a single gun rack for $240. That Mopar mount is about $275 for a 2-gun rack. So the Mopar unit don't seem so expensive compared to the Tufloc system but it doesn't have their lock.
I had a local PD give me two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.