Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had two days of slow rain, both days after work the console had water in it. It looks like it's not sealing in the frt. I've only had my 2016 a little over a week and this is depressing. The water is coming out around the controls panel for the garage door opener and moon roof button.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I haven't yet (thankfully!!!!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope I'm the only guy that has this... Just hoping someone had a simple solution -vs- calling the dealer, trying to get an appointment at the dealer to fix it in one trip (not likely), trying to get a day off to make the 70 mile away visit and hoping nothing electrical shorts out later. I know... I need a bit of cheese with that whine but I also keep new trucks to try an avoid issues!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I hope I'm the only guy that has this... Just hoping someone had a simple solution -vs- calling the dealer, trying to get an appointment at the dealer to fix it in one trip (not likely), trying to get a day off to make the 70 mile away visit and hoping nothing electrical shorts out later. I know... I need a bit of cheese with that whine but I also keep new trucks to try an avoid issues!!
Well it's not even my issue and I'll bring some cheese to share that whine...no bueno having this issue and all legit concerns.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Make sure to bring your electrical worries to their attention as well! You gotta work for that money you paid for it...its sure as heck not whining. Good luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
I didn't get the sunroof. FCA has had problems with sunroof seals on several vehicles. The sunroof on my wife's brand new Charger blew out while she was driving on the expressway. Bowed up as if pushed from the inside.

As the saying goes: there are two types of sunroofs, those that leak and those that will leak. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I didn't get the sunroof. FCA has had problems with sunroof seals on several vehicles. The sunroof on my wife's brand new Charger blew out while she was driving on the expressway. Bowed up as if pushed from the inside.

As the saying goes: there are two types of sunroofs, those that leak and those that will leak. Good luck.
Man that was depressing :(

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My 2013 Outdoorsman worked outstanding, I kindda miss having all that light, and a way to clime out if I break through the ice
I've never had or wanted a sunroof but enjoy it now.

·
Registered
567 Posts

I've never had a sunroof for the exact reasons you've given... But if you like them then have at it!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've never had a sunroof for the exact reasons you've given... But if you like them then have at it!
Ya know I haven't either and am still skeptical for having one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Min leaks.. water leaks out of the drivers side A piller.. the dealer had it over a week.. and kept saying new glass would be in and it never showed.. picked it back up today and told them to call when. It comes in.. I'm not holding my breath...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Min leaks.. water leaks out of the drivers side A piller.. the dealer had it over a week.. and kept saying new glass would be in and it never showed.. picked it back up today and told them to call when. It comes in.. I'm not holding my breath...
Mine leaks too. Bought my 2016 Rebel on 12/30/15. By 2/5/16 there was a significant leak coming from the screw cap on the driver side grab handle. Leaks onto the dash controls and driver door speaker and floor. Took it to the dealership on 2/5 and after 6 days of being under a water simulator, they claimed they could not find a leak and suggested that i may not have closed the sunroof all the way. Light rain last night and the leak is back. Took it back to the dealership today, 3/25, and was made aware that there has been some service bulletin put out for a faulty seal on the sunroof since the last service date. I won't accept that as the issue due to the fact that the dealership claims they were unable to get it to leak when i originally brought it in. Certainly feels like I'm being jacked around and it is more than frustrating. After searching several forums, I'be discovered that several people have had the same issue with their new dodge trucks and that is comforting, yet terribly disappointing at the same time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine leaks too. Bought my 2016 Rebel on 12/30/15. By 2/5/16 there was a significant leak coming from the screw cap on the driver side grab handle. Leaks onto the dash controls and driver door speaker and floor. Took it to the dealership on 2/5 and after 6 days of being under a water simulator, they claimed they could not find a leak and suggested that i may not have closed the sunroof all the way. Light rain last night and the leak is back. Took it back to the dealership today, 3/25, and was made aware that there has been some service bulletin put out for a faulty seal on the sunroof since the last service date. I won't accept that as the issue due to the fact that the dealership claims they were unable to get it to leak when i originally brought it in. Certainly feels like I'm being jacked around and it is more than frustrating. After searching several forums, I'be discovered that several people have had the same issue with their new dodge trucks and that is comforting, yet terribly disappointing at the same time.
Was just getting ready to head out on a 3500 mile trip when I just got a call that the new glass came in.. I'm at the dealership now getting it changed out.. keep on the dealership or just go to another if they won't help you out...

·
Registered
85 Posts
This thread is depressing! I literally just ordered a rebel last week and checked off the moon roof option. I sure hope I don't have this issue. I live in Florida and when it's not raining here, it's about to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This thread is depressing! I literally just ordered a rebel last week and checked off the moon roof option. I sure hope I don't have this issue. I live in Florida and when it's not raining here, it's about to.
I have a friend that have 3 rams with sunroofs. A 2013 a 2014 and a 2015 and none of there's leaks.. I think it's a very limited number that do leak.. good luck..

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a friend that have 3 rams with sunroofs. A 2013 a 2014 and a 2015 and none of there's leaks.. I think it's a very limited number that do leak.. good luck..
Sure hope so. Don't think that I will be too pleasant to deal with if I have to go back to the dealer for a leak on a brand new truck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts